Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
What I've never understood is people who are willing to use the power of the state (and thus a threat of violence) to tell another adult what he or she may or may not consume.

-Uwe-

I say let people do whatever the fuck they want & as long as it doesn't create a responsibility to the public, encroach harm on others & if so, than there is a problem!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I say let people do whatever the fuck they want & as long as it doesn't create a responsibility to the public, encroach harm on others & if so, than there is a problem!
This is where socialization of "health care" gets to be a problem. Once you do that, anything an individual does that in any way bad for their health, be it drinking alcohol, smoking, or simply eating too much grilled meat, "creates a responsibility to the public", no matter if it doesn't directly affect anyone else.

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
This is where socialization of "health care" gets to be a problem. Once you do that, anything an individual does that in any way bad for their health, be it drinking alcohol, smoking, or simply eating too much grilled meat, "creates a responsibility to the public", no matter if it doesn't directly affect anyone else.

-Uwe-

This is true but I don't want free socialized healthcare.
I want single pay and Government regulated healthcare, especially if they are going to require anyone to pay for anyone for it & with my tax money.
When people exhibit such choice in ailments, it should be reflected in the premium and I still think the external insurance companies can still write polices too & which indeed write up such premium increases for those life choices.

https://www.politico.com/news/elizabeth-warren-2020-presidential-election

ANALYSIS
Biden fails to step up or fall down

The frontrunner marches in place, waiting to see if any of his rivals can displace him.

By JOHN F. HARRIS
09/13/2019 02:18 AM EDT

Vice President Joe Biden—who as in previous outings interspersed some strong moments with several mushy or head-scratching ones—seemed emphatically life-sized, once again, in the latest debate in Houston.
There is an optical dimension to presidential politics that is hard to explain in logical terms but hard to deny in practical experience: At some point winning candidates seem to grow larger in public projection and their ability to dominate a stage.

https://www.vox.com/2019/9/12/20860985/poll-democratic-primary-ranked-choice-warren-biden

[h=1]Elizabeth Warren leads Joe Biden in ranked-choice poll[/h]

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Then you do want individuals' lifestyle choices to "creates a responsibility to the public".

-Uwe-

No sir & that's the point of the increased cost, too offset the liability created by the life choice.

Just as I see penalties for those life choices, there should be credits for ones that change them or prove to be more responsible.

dieseldub

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=28764
This is true but I don't want free socialized healthcare.
I want single pay and Government regulated healthcare, especially if they are going to require anyone to pay for anyone for it & with my tax money.
When people exhibit such choice in ailments, it should be reflected in the premium and I still think the external insurance companies can still write polices too & which indeed write up such premium increases for those life choices.

https://www.politico.com/news/elizabeth-warren-2020-presidential-election

https://www.vox.com/2019/9/12/20860985/poll-democratic-primary-ranked-choice-warren-biden

[h=1]Elizabeth Warren leads Joe Biden in ranked-choice poll[/h]

Giving a single entity much more massive bargaining power (such as a single payer government system) is definitely something I'd like to see.

Firstly, that makes it much easier to get drug prices down to reasonable levels. It would also be great if we could make up a rule to somehow make it illegal for hedge funds to buy drug companies, slash R&D budgets and jack the snot out of the price of drugs solely in the name of max profit.

I normally am all for businesses being able to see and do as they please so long as it doesn't negatively affect others. The problem is when health care is allowed to put more emphasis on profits than on doing what's actually good for patients, ugly things happen. To me it absolutely is a huge conflict of interest.

I will also say as a business owner who currently has no employees, if I WERE to consider having an employee or two, that decision would be made much easier if my small shop didn't have to compete with much larger or even corporate owned ones and also have to provide very expensive healthcare plans. Being a small business, it's actually very hurtful and difficult to attract the best talent when you're at a competitive disadvantage on the ability to offer healthcare insurance. Now, as a business with only a couple employees, I would not be required to offer said health insurance, but again, see above where that means it's more difficult to attract good employees when they can go elsewhere and get health insurance at larger shops who have better bargaining power as well as quantity discounts with insurers to be able to offer it to employees without wrecking the budget.

That would be a MASSIVE equalizer in the business world to not have that burden and extra facet of competition placed on their shoulders.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
That's why I think reasonable single pay plans & with copays based on income or assets are indeed needed.

There is no reason that basic services or MEDS ( antibiotics ) & for what is in the repetitious know, should be made available on a mass basis to produce or diagnose with today's technology for reasonable costs.

It's impossible to pay for government-run "universal health care" without raising taxes on the middle class. But I'm not surprised Lizzy doesn't care to admit this.

-Uwe-

If the total cost was less due to cost of healthcare combined with tax increase, than middle class which is most likely to afford a healthcare plan probably wouldn't mind & that would have to be so for people to get onboard.

Last edited:

Mike R

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Administrator
VCDS Distributor
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=126524

I might disagree with his "Freedom Dividend" but there are some good points here. AND he is a much better speaker than Obama (who is incredibly overrated at such matters)

Last edited:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
[h=1]Giuliani is Trump’s ‘political hitman,' Dem says[/h]https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/09/25/giuliani-is-trumps-political-hitman-dem-says/23820181/

LOL Gangster style?

rudycover-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back