Interface Not Found

VectorA7

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194053
Have a HEX-CAN USB that has worked like a charm for the past year. Suddenly not working - tried it on 3 different vehicles, 2 different laptops, no luck. Getting "Interface: Not Found!" message when I test the port. LED on the interface is solid green.

u4YKJHv.jpg

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
What happens if you just plug it into your computer (but not the car)?

Also, does Device Manager see it?

-Uwe-

VectorA7

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194053
Device manager recognizes it as "Ross-Tech Direct USB Interface" and indicates that "This device is working properly". Tried it on 2 different laptops with same result.

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
Device manager recognizes it as "Ross-Tech Direct USB Interface" and indicates that "This device is working properly". Tried it on 2 different laptops with same result.
We've seen this problem on the forum once before, and the original owner was able to fix it, but there was some debate as to how. Is it possible you've used it with version 14.X, either Beta or Release, and are now trying to use it with an older release of 12.X? Once the interface's firmware has been updated with one of the 14.X releases, it will only work with 14.X or the very latest 12.X release (12.12.3). It's best if you download and install the current release of VCDS if you haven't already. That's version 14.10.0 as of today.

If that doesn't work, let's de-install the odd driver, and get the right driver installed. With your HUC interface plugged in, go into Device Manager and find the Ross-Tech interface. Right-click and bring up Properties, and go to the Driver tab. It should look something like this, although this is with the correct driver:

hexusbdriver.png

Then, click the Driver Details button and make note of the files and versions listed. It would be good if you can post those here. It would be nice to know where this strange driver is coming from.

hexusbdriverversions.png

Then, click the Uninstall button and un-install the current drivers.

hexusbdriveruninst.png

After that, un-plug your HUC interface. Then, un-install and re-install VCDS. It should install the correct, current driver package. Once that's done, go ahead and plug your HUC interface back in, and hopefully it will pick up the correct drivers this time.

Jason

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
Following up to myself --

If the above doesn't work, please post the hardware PID/VID info as Uwe described in the other thread I linked. I peeked at the driver INF file and "Ross-Tech Direct USB Interface" does seem to be a valid name for a hardware variant supported by that same driver. I'm not sure why mine would identify differently from yours, but mine is almost ten years old.

Jason

Eric

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC800000
First things first, as Jason mentioned, which version of VCDS are you running?

VectorA7

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194053
OK guys - think you nailed it. I was originally using a laptop with vers 12.12.0, switched to a laptop with 14.8 Beta, and then switched back to the original laptop with 12.12.0. And had the problem with both laptops.

So now, just upgraded the first laptop to 14.10.0 and reloaded the current drivers as Jason said. Everything seems to be working.

Thanks for all the help!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Yeah, when in doubt, make sure all software, drivers, and firmware are current. :)

-Uwe-

tuner

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=214589
got similar problem interface not found. Device manager does not recognizes it as "Ross-Tech Direct USB Interface" any help ?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
got similar problem interface not found. Device manager does not recognizes it as "Ross-Tech Direct USB Interface" any help ?
Which interface? I show two in your records, a HEX+CAN from 2014 and a HEX-V2 from 2018.

The HEX-V2 enumerates as an HID device.

-Uwe-

Back