1.6TDI CAYC starting issue when left for about 6 hours.

renniedevon

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/SN
Hi guys I have an Audi A3 1.6TDI 2010. To cut a long story short the timing belt jumped, i had it timed back up with a new belt kit and waterpump. The garage said it was running well witch it is once its started but it has an intermittent starting issue. while it was at the garage they also did the fuel filter if that's helpful at all. When I first start the car it turns over for 5 to 10 seconds sometimes longer then it starts but the idle is very rough for about 5 seconds and sometimes it stalls but, once its been started for a while and run around abit it starts up really easily. ive posted and auto scan below as the car is now coming up with a fault for MAF sensor and occasionally MAF signal high and these seem to bring an esp fault with them. The other thing is the car seems to be trying to regen a hell of a lot since ive had it back and evry so often i get a witf of fuel. ill post below the steps ive already tried. sorry for the long story hope someone can help.

Timing checked by third party
Hard run down the motorway
Disconnecting maf sensor (car dose seem to start abit easier sometimes but still rough idle)

Code:
Removed.  Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not acceptable here.

Last edited by a moderator:

renniedevon

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/SN
sorry uwe im abit confused. the guy i bought the car from just sent me the software and device is it not a real copy of the device or the software?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
That's correct, you're using a pirated copy of the interface, which is what carries the license for the software.

I suppose it's just coincidence that you removed the header of the scan, which would have made it obvious that the software you're using is a several years out of date? ;)

-Uwe-

renniedevon

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/SN
That's correct, you're using a pirated copy of the interface, which is what carries the license for the software.

I suppose it's just coincidence that you removed the header of the scan, which would have made it obvious that the software you're using is a several years out of date? ;)

-Uwe-

Hi uwe the reason i removed the header is because reading through the other forums i was sure if i saw people leaving there header on and was also unsure weather the VIN was safe to leave on here. I've never even hesrd of this software untill he sent me the lead and software i didnt realise it was a clone

renniedevon

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/SN
Yes i copied and pasted the log from word document and removed the top part as i wasnt sure if its safe to have all the details of the car VIN ECT on here. ive never heard of the software untill the guy gave it to me but I wont be posting untill i buy the official one ☺

Trade Member

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=271231
I could probably begin to understand why some people do that if they had to pay a subscription fee for the new software download.

Viking

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=151455

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
I could probably begin to understand why some people do that if they had to pay a subscription fee for the new software download.
... but since there is no subscription fee and update downloads are free for as long as you own a genuine cable there can IMHO be no excuse for piracy.

auto

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=363073
buy original, is much better and safer!

Back