"Service now!" indicator on MK7 golf. How to remove ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennjamin

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=222574
Hi all - without posting a scan via VCDS - I have a 2014 MK7 golf Australian version which has recently been serviced by a non-VW workshop.

I now have a "Service now!" indicator on key in and out. Annoying.

Initially I held the 0.0 button on the dash , put key in and turned - it stated to reset reminder and I pressed again with a confirmation. This did not work.

I have the proper ROSS TECH cable and latest VCDS. I believe this is UDS protocol , and have looked up the ESI reset in the instrument/adaption settings via VCDS.
But try as I may i cannot get this to reset at all....:(

Help Uwe !

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
On the SRI Reset page of the VCDS manual, the last paragraph addresses the UDS clusters:

On the latest cars using UDS/ODX diagnostic protocols for the Instrument Cluster, the SRI Reset function does not apply. Instead, SRI must be reset by saving Adaptation values directly in the Instrument Cluster. This page explains how to do this procedure in a Mk6 Golf. Please contact Ross-Tech via email if you need assistance with this function.

I believe the MK7 and MK6 should use the same procedure but if wrong, hopefully one of our techs will be along to straighten us out!

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490

Keithuk

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=122432
On my Mk6 Golf I can reset the service indicator in the MFD setting, I don't know if the Mk7 is the same. I did it yesterday when I changed the oil and filter.

NEtech

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56995
And it then changed to Fixed Service ?
Or was is it using Fixed Service anyway ?

bennjamin

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=222574
Thanks for the replies.
FYI the mk7 appears to be not like the mk6, you cannot reset the service reminder via MFD.
I'll try those options Andy - I feel you are right that it's not just a single reset switch but a few more variables to correct.

bennjamin

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=222574
Reactions: Uwe

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
These two combined fixed the issue. Thanks Again !

bennjamin: Glad to hear that you have solved the service reset problem. For future reference (and as KeithUK intimated) it is possible to reset the service indicator via the MDF on a mk7 -similar to the mk6.

The process is as follows (it's in the manual somewhere if you want to search through this meaty tome):

(1) Get into the driver's seat and make sure all the doors are closed
(2) Insert the ignition key
(3) With the ignition switched-off, press and hold the "0.0" button (it's on the lower center portion of the dash)
(4) With the "0.0" button depressed, switch-on the ignition (but don't start the engine)
(5) Once the ignition is turned-on, release the "0.0" button
(6) Press the "0.0" button again to reset the service reminder message.

What happens when you successfully go through this process is that the interval period gets reset to an additional 365 days and the distance gets reset to a further 15,000kms from the current reading (assuming that these are the values that are set in the Adaptation channels as per the Andy's post). Of course the bad side of this process is that you don't get the opportunity to plug-in that nifty litttle cable that your purchased from RT!

bennjamin

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=222574
The process is as follows...

As I posted initially I actually tried this option - several times with no result. Im not sure if the problem was limited to my own car or another issue - but the fact is this didnt work. (any ideas as to why , guys ?)

Atleast by fiddling with VCDS I both fixed the issue and also justified my purchase :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back