Thread: 05 Audi A6 aftermarket led tail lights retrofit

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

05 Audi A6 aftermarket led tail lights retrofit

Ok i drove out 2 hour to help a fellow Audi owner with a 2005 Audi A6 .i recoded in group 46 original
    Code was 0423997 . i subtracted 131072 AND 4096 from the existing code giving me 0288829. The code was excepted and brake lights and turn signals worked correctly . On my way home the guy called me and said now when he unlocks his doors with the remote or pulls the key from the ignition and the doors unlocke the fuel door pops open . I followed the coding instructions from

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthre...Light-retrofit

Sorry I don't have the scan read out and won't be able to get it because the car is a 2 hour drive . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    So you made coding changes to someone else's car without doing an Auto-Scan?

At the very least you should have a CodingLog file.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did auto scan . I just didn't record the info . I did write down the original coding to switch it back .

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am trying to pull all logs but they only show in Microsoft excel

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithwidney View Post
    I did auto scan . I just didn't record the info . I did write down the original coding to switch it back .
    If you did an Auto-Scan, it got auto-saved to the Scans sub-folder. Please have a look there.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Searched and can not find the log . I do have the original coding to switch back but then the led tail lights will not work.