speek

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=17355
I'm a regular user of VCDS, but never forget the history.
So I ran in a VAG 1551.
Does anyone know where to find a manual?

Jef

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
I have it on good authority, if you type Google into Google, you can break the internet.

Using the 1551 is pretty easy... Start off with Rapid Data Transfer, option 1 as I recall, then the address number as the same as they are listed in VCDS. 01 for engine, 08 for HVAC, 56 for radio and so on. Input the 2 digit address and then hit [Q] to scan said address. Then the functions are the same, 08 for Measuring Blocks, 04 for Basic Settings and such...

I learned on the 1551, after I got my number right.. why do I keep getting readiness when I'm trying to scan the airbag?

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
How about hit the help and print function to see the full instruction sheet of the tester with combined printer?

I have the original manuals and SSP with class.

VAG short hand you always see me using here because Uwe was kind enough to keep the numbers on each button in VCDS.

Lets say you wanted to go check a measuring block value for boost in a gas engine typically.

VAG-SHORT ( 0x01-08-115 ) = So that equals in VCDS to Engine Electronics 0x01 button, then 0x01-08 measuring blocks button, then 0x01-08-115 for channel input in blocks.

NEtech

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56995
Jack you are right ecu selection is hex (0x01 = Engine), but i think it confuses non programming users, when you describe 0x01.
Do you enter 0x01 in the VAG1551 ;-)
Just my opinion, write 0xXX if you prefer.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Ja Ja correct........

Well you can scroll select address words on the 1551 or the 52 or even 1652 wide screen.
I even can operate in Chinese now. Really fun in front of friends or customers.

Yes when you enter an integer in the 1551 it is actually no zero or X it is just 01 for Engine electronics as example.

Years ago I was yelled at by a prestigious programming friend of mine, that I absolutely had to install the 0x for address words in my short VAG code to be proper...........:p

I am really fast on the blue boxes let me tell you and can do blind while driving in dark while watching the road.

Everything has its place and use..............:p

Back