Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC811706 (Borrowed)
LED lights in door mirrors light, even in close:

Modules 42 and 52 -> Coding -> Byte 01 -> Bit 5 deactivated

DRL off when lights switch on position "0", but on when "AUTO":

Module 09 -> Security Access enabled -> Adaptation -> search for "ENG115734" and change to inactive

DLR option to switch on/off from menu (independent from above tweak):

Module 09 -> Security Access enabled -> Adaptation -> search for "ENG116594" and select from dropdown "Außenlicht_Front-Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge moeglich" -> change to active

Now you can go to Car Setup menu and you'll find extra tick to enable/disable DLRs.

Refuel quantity on AID as one of Driving data options:

Module 17 -> Coding -> Byte 10 -> Bit 4 activated

1zdy4h.jpg

Fan speed indicator (leds around button) when in AUTO mode:

Module 08 -> Coding -> Byte 11 -> Bit 6 activated

Disable "ingnition on" alarm, when drivers door open:

Module 17 -> Adaptation -> search for "ignition" and select "actuator should appear as the only entry" from list -> change to "No display"

Changing "blink" number on comfort blinkers:

Module 09 -> Security Access -> Adaptation -> select "Turn Signal Controls-Komfortblinken Blinkzykien" -> change between 1 and 5

Gauge/Needle sweep on AID

Module 17 -> Coding -> Byte 01 -> Bit 00 activated

33ct1te.jpg

"beep" when lock and unlock car doors

Module 09 -> Security Access -> Adaptation -> search for "acknowledgement" and depending what you want, select active or inactive for available options with "Akustische" in description

Sunroof comfort open/close

Module 09 -> Security Access -> Adaptation -> search for "Sunroof-SAD Komfort" -> change to active (oeffnen - open / schliessen - close)

Gold graphic details on AID

Module 17 -> Adaptation -> search for "IDE02489" -> select one from 4 version (version 3 is gold, 1 and 2 looks identical for me)

2130xz7.jpg

330r0ch.jpg

axdxxe.jpg

Hidden menu / service / testmode / "green" - whatever you want to call it ;)

There are interesting features like handwriting recognition, but isn't work (recognize) when I tried it :(

Probably you need to have active connection with VCDS interface to get "Testmode" menu item available.

Module 5F -> Adaptation -> search for "IDE02122" (Developer mode) -> change to active -> press MENU button for a while.

I don't remember did I use Security Access

I'm sorry for poor quality of below pictures, I made a quick movie from "testmode" and below are freeze-frames to only show "something". I had no time to dig there, so maybe next time I'll do some photos.

5l2jjs.jpg

2ynpl61.jpg

15xlm36.jpg

2vrwmf9.jpg

24m72xe.jpg

Threeway calling from Discover Media

Module 5F -> Adaptation -> search for "ENG125042" (Vehicle configuration-Support_of_threeway_calling) -> change to active

In settings section of Phone module, search for Conference tickbox.

-

There are few others, I'll try to add them later when clean my notes from tests.

Last edited:

welshkaiboy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
H11-2H
What SA did you use as some these cannot be done without it and 31347 does not work. I have a 2016 MK2 Tiguan.

Have you done the auto rain closing? I think it is the same as Superb settings.

bestyjny

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC811706 (Borrowed)
What SA did you use as some these cannot be done without it and 31347 does not work. I have a 2016 MK2 Tiguan.

Most of modules takes good old 31347 code from me - also sugessted by VCDS. One - but sorry, I don't remember which one - takes 20103. There was no suggestion on this module.

Have you done the auto rain closing? I think it is the same as Superb settings.

No, I tried on two Tiguans and no rain closing success yet. But we had success on comfort close with panoramic sunroof.

I must clean my notes to publish other confirmed tweaks.

EDIT: not all modules require SA to make tweaks, check where I mention to use SA

TBAx

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=287144
MY2016 Tiguans have another SA, when compared to other MQB. Unfortunately it is unknown.

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
I agree, based on feedback we know some do not like 31347 even when the Security Access: Number of invalid keys Advanced Measuring data shows 0 (0 = good, no lock time). I do not have an alternative suggestion in that area but if we happen to locate it the label file (pop-up balloon) will be updated.

bestyjny

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC811706 (Borrowed)
MY2016 Tiguans have another SA, when compared to other MQB. Unfortunately it is unknown.

Like I said. I had no problem with 31347 and 20103 in 6m old Tiguan MQB based. Maybe there are some other Modules I didn't touch, but above tweaks worked with old codes.

EDIT: if you want to compare module numbers, my first auto scans are published from months, and few days ago I posted complete adaptation maps for my and my friend Tiguans (32 modules).

Last edited:

bestyjny

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC811706 (Borrowed)
I've updated first post, so enjoy :)

welshkaiboy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
H11-2H
MY2016 Tiguan module09 definitely does not like SA31347, it does not work even for simple comfort turns.

welshkaiboy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
H11-2H
Any luck in changing HBA speed I want to reduce the speed at which it comes on as i do a lot of driving in country lanes. It was simple on my old Tig to do.

bestyjny

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC811706 (Borrowed)
MY2016 Tiguan module09 definitely does not like SA31347, it does not work even for simple comfort turns.

Can you drop me your VIN on PM?

Any luck in changing HBA speed I want to reduce the speed at which it comes on as i do a lot of driving in country lanes. It was simple on my old Tig to do.

You're probably interested in Module 9 -> Adaptation -> search for "ENG12163"

ENG122928-ENG121635-RLS_lights_for_autobahn-p_v_autobahn_off,65 km/h
ENG122928-ENG121634-RLS_lights_for_autobahn-p_v_autobahn_on,140 km/h

But I didn't try to change this.

TBAx

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=287144
ENG122928-ENG121635-RLS_lights_for_autobahn-p_v_autobahn_off,65 km/h
ENG122928-ENG121634-RLS_lights_for_autobahn-p_v_autobahn_on,140 km/h

Well, these should be the values where the Rain/Light sensor enables the "Autobahnlicht". Basically, if it is enabled in the RLHS coding, this means that upon 140 km/h the low beams are turned on and that those are turned off at 65 km/h again. It has nothing to do with the high beam tho.

AurelianRQ

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=358141
Hello bestyjny,

What model you have on your car ? I did tried those on my VW Tiguan SEL 2017 and none of them work,

Thanks.

bestyjny

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC811706 (Borrowed)
What model you have on your car ? I did tried those on my VW Tiguan SEL 2017 and none of them work

Sorry for delay with response, I had no notification about reply.

I have EU version of 2016 (model 2017) Tiguan with optional Off-road package and few extras in electronics.

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Thanks bestyjny. I believe AurelianRQ is OK. He had a VCDS chassis identification issue (back in this thread). After that was sorted I suggested checking (or posing) a complete 09 Adp map so all of the Akustische settings can be checked.

bestyjny

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC811706 (Borrowed)
Thx Dana :-) I also found an option to specifically turn on notifications, so I hope I'll not miss another one related to my threads.

Papa Leguas

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=307965
LED lights in door mirrors light, even in close:

Modules 42 and 52 -> Coding -> Byte 01 -> Bit 5 deactivated

DRL off when lights switch on position "0", but on when "AUTO":

Module 09 -> Security Access enabled -> Adaptation -> search for "ENG115734" and change to inactive

DLR option to switch on/off from menu (independent from above tweak):

Module 09 -> Security Access enabled -> Adaptation -> search for "ENG116594" and select from dropdown "Außenlicht_Front-Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge moeglich" -> change to active

Now you can go to Car Setup menu and you'll find extra tick to enable/disable DLRs.

Refuel quantity on AID as one of Driving data options:

Module 17 -> Coding -> Byte 10 -> Bit 4 activated

1zdy4h.jpg

Fan speed indicator (leds around button) when in AUTO mode:

Module 08 -> Coding -> Byte 11 -> Bit 6 activated

Disable "ingnition on" alarm, when drivers door open:

Module 17 -> Adaptation -> search for "ignition" and select "actuator should appear as the only entry" from list -> change to "No display"

Changing "blink" number on comfort blinkers:

Module 09 -> Security Access -> Adaptation -> select "Turn Signal Controls-Komfortblinken Blinkzykien" -> change between 1 and 5

Gauge/Needle sweep on AID

Module 17 -> Coding -> Byte 01 -> Bit 00 activated

33ct1te.jpg

"beep" when lock and unlock car doors

Module 09 -> Security Access -> Adaptation -> search for "acknowledgement" and depending what you want, select active or inactive for available options with "Akustische" in description

Sunroof comfort open/close

Module 09 -> Security Access -> Adaptation -> search for "Sunroof-SAD Komfort" -> change to active (oeffnen - open / schliessen - close)

Gold graphic details on AID

Module 17 -> Adaptation -> search for "IDE02489" -> select one from 4 version (version 3 is gold, 1 and 2 looks identical for me)

2130xz7.jpg

330r0ch.jpg

axdxxe.jpg

Hidden menu / service / testmode / "green" - whatever you want to call it ;)

There are interesting features like handwriting recognition, but isn't work (recognize) when I tried it :(

Probably you need to have active connection with VCDS interface to get "Testmode" menu item available.

Module 5F -> Adaptation -> search for "IDE02122" (Developer mode) -> change to active -> press MENU button for a while.

I'm sorry for poor quality of below pictures, I made a quick movie from "testmode" and below are freeze-frames to only show "something". I had no time to dig there, so maybe next time I'll do some photos.

5l2jjs.jpg

2ynpl61.jpg

15xlm36.jpg

2vrwmf9.jpg

24m72xe.jpg

Threeway calling from Discover Media

Module 5F -> Adaptation -> search for "ENG125042" (Vehicle configuration-Support_of_threeway_calling) -> change to active

In settings section of Phone module, search for Conference tickbox.

-

There are few others, I'll try to add them later when clean my notes from tests.

Hi,

In my country Brazil, the tiguan 350 rline dont come with lane assit enable.
I already tried any process to enable, but didnt have sucess.
Do you have idea how is the process to enable lane assist?
Best regards.

rjb

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=200788
Hello... Thank you for the excellent information in this post. I live in Canada and we have had an exceptionally cold winter this year. Unfortunately, the central electronic module is "different" in the MQB versus some of the recent, but older VWs. I was hoping to make it so that my KESSY FOB would be able to lock the car with the engine running and the FOB outside of the vehicle, but I cannot find this option or make it work. Has any one else figured this out?

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?3001-KESSY-Golf-R-MK7-to-Lock-doors-with-Engine-Running

Thanks,
Rudy

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Hello... Thank you for the excellent information in this post. I live in Canada and we have had an exceptionally cold winter this year. Unfortunately, the central electronic module is "different" in the MQB versus some of the recent, but older VWs. I was hoping to make it so that my KESSY FOB would be able to lock the car with the engine running and the FOB outside of the vehicle, but I cannot find this option or make it work. Has any one else figured this out?

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?3001-KESSY-Golf-R-MK7-to-Lock-doors-with-Engine-Running

Thanks,
Rudy

Rudy: hi - if you want warmer weather, why not drive your MQB vehicle to the summer clime down here in Melbourne? It really ain't that far - just keep driving south and if you reach Tasmania you have gone too far!!

On a more serious note, I fear that I have been the cause of your confusion - I apologize for this. My instructions in your link were written way back in mid 2015. Since then, the good Burghers in Germany decided to amend the adaptation database on the BCM s in their later model MQB vehicles. Among other changes, some of the "primary" name for channels was altered - the channel in my instructions were included in these changes. Also during the intervening time, the good folk at RT decided to report "primary & secondary "tags" in the channel names.

So, instead of (1)-Access control-Funk bei Klemme 15 ein you should access ENG141651-ENG115754-ZV allgemein-Funk bei Klemme 15 ein. . The remaining instructions should be OK - I think

As a general approach to applying old tweak instructions to newer BCM s on MQB platform cars, allow me to invite you to consider the following:

Uwe's newer RT software has a nifty search box in the adaptation screen. It's tempting to type-in a more fulsome channel name into this box when searching the BCM database (or the database of any, other module). However, in my experience and given the changes that have been wrought to the BCM, you might want to enter ONLY the "child", or "secondary" part of the channel name into the search box. In the example above - this means typing only Funk bei Klemme 15 ein.

Don

Last edited:

marshallb

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=335454
does anyone know why refill quantity wont populate? When I add that option on my 2018 Tiguan MQB it just shows "-" Any ideas is greatly appreciated.

Back