Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can't Connect to Hex Net with Laptop

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Do you have auto-detect or a fixed IP entered in the IP parameters box on the VCDS options screen (shows when you have net selected).
    What happens if you enter the IP address shown in VCIConfig in the fixed IP address field and click "Test"?

--Shaun
    I have auto detect selected, ive tried selecting Fixed and manually putting in the IP and it still doesnt test successfully.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    What's your laptop's IP and net mask when you do the above test?

What I'm really asking here is whether your laptop is actually connected to that network.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    What's your laptop's IP and net mask when you do the above test?

What I'm really asking here is whether your laptop is actually connected to that network.

-Uwe-
    I dont know how its couldnt be connected to that network.

4. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuwandam View Post
    I dont know how its couldnt be connected to that network.
    Yep, looks sure looks like it is.

Next steps:
    • Can you PING the IP of the HEX-NET?
    • Can you open the IP of the HEX-NET in a browser on your PC?

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, it could be your router is blocking the ports needed to communicate or is putting the HEX-NET in a DMZ/Quarantine type zone (the last byte of the IP is rather far apart, does your router perhaps have two different DHCP ranges specified with different permissions?)

At any rate, the ports that the HEX-NET needs are TCP 10002 and outgoing TCP 11000 and 11011. Perhaps try setting up some port forwarding rules to make sure that your router isn't blocking those. If you go to VCDS-Mobile -> "Options" -> "Self Test" -> "Advanced Network Test" what do the results show there? You should see ping times if it is working, and probably just a timeout if the ports are being blocked.

Also another thing you could check: Does your router support 5Ghz? If so, you might want to try disabling that and then reconnecting your computer and HEX-NET to the wifi, we have seen some cases where a router didn't want to route traffic between the 5GHz and 2.4GHz wifis and needed some special rules set.

--Shaun

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Yep, looks sure looks like it is.

Next steps:
    • Can you PING the IP of the HEX-NET?
    • Can you open the IP of the HEX-NET in a browser on your PC?

-Uwe-
    It wont successfully ping the HEX-NET.

If i click on the IP address of the HEX-NET it opens up VCDS mobile in my browser. Is that what youre asking me?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Hmm, it could be your router is blocking the ports needed to communicate or is putting the HEX-NET in a DMZ/Quarantine type zone (the last byte of the IP is rather far apart, does your router perhaps have two different DHCP ranges specified with different permissions?)

At any rate, the ports that the HEX-NET needs are TCP 10002 and outgoing TCP 11000 and 11011. Perhaps try setting up some port forwarding rules to make sure that your router isn't blocking those. If you go to VCDS-Mobile -> "Options" -> "Self Test" -> "Advanced Network Test" what do the results show there? You should see ping times if it is working, and probably just a timeout if the ports are being blocked.

Also another thing you could check: Does your router support 5Ghz? If so, you might want to try disabling that and then reconnecting your computer and HEX-NET to the wifi, we have seen some cases where a router didn't want to route traffic between the 5GHz and 2.4GHz wifis and needed some special rules set.

--Shaun
    Im using my phone as a hotspot for the laptop and the HEX-NET. Not sure if i have those kind of options.

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    What kind of phone do you have? It is very possible the phone cannot pass the ports needed for VCDS.

Also, are you aware the HEX-NET can act as a hotspot? You can eliminate the phone from this mix , Just press the red button on the HEX-NET (the middle LED will change to amber). On your PC search for the wireless network that begins with "HN". Connect and test, VCDS should have no problems talking.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Galaxy S7 Edge

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuwandam View Post
    It wont successfully ping the HEX-NET.
    No -- not from some website.

Of course that website can't ping stuff inside your LAN.

Open a CMD prompt window and type:
    PING 192.168.43.50

-Uwe-