Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MK7 - GTI - DSG logging shift times etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GLoBaLReBeL View Post
    As a quick Q, how were you able to find those parameters to tell me to watch if there is no lookup? I'm guessing that you may have that feature, but nothing is available to the public yes?
    Correct, I have access to some data sources that are not public.

However, I have a solution for you. While connected to your car, go to [Applications] -> [Controller Channel Map], and have a look at this page:
    http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/c...annels-map.php

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Correct, I have access to some data sources that are not public.

However, I have a solution for you. While connected to your car, go to [Applications] -> [Controller Channel Map], and have a look at this page:
    http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/c...annels-map.php

-Uwe-
    You just keep them coming don't ya!! :-) I'll be trying this out today after work and will report back. I wanted to say thank you again for your help as I've been o n multiple other forums without any assistance. If I figure this out and am able to log shift times repeatedly, I'll be sure to pass on the knowledge and hopefully it helps someone else.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still working on different options for logging times and just not coming up with anything definite. I notice the # of views, so I have a feeling others would like to do this as well. Feel free to chime in viewers with anything you may think of or tried. :-)

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Had my car looked at by VW and they said they topped off the transmission fluid and did the standard procedure for heating it up to 35C and than letting it drip until it stopped. Going to test fluid levels myself in a few days and check the fluid level through VCDS to verify. Still looking at finding a way to ID the problem as I still notice delayed shifts under light throttle application <30% throttle.

Sorry for lack of updates guys, just busy with work.