Worth a watch ......CANCER

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
^^^^^^^^^^ Jack: the sad and inescapable fact is that the biggest contributor to death is life!!!

Don

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
^^^^^^^^^^ Jack: the sad and inescapable fact is that the biggest contributor to death is life!!!

Don

No doubt Don.....It's important to also not give a shit!

Never ignore the facts, discredited or the obvious..........!

I have come to realize I am an experiment and await the final answer if I can reach assentation/ascension!

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
There's a 100% correlation between breathing and dying - everyone who breathes eventually dies...

Better stop breathing :thanks:

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
There's a 100% correlation between breathing and dying - everyone who breathes eventually dies...

Better stop breathing :thanks:

Dave: I'm aware that you intended your "truism" to be said in humor, but I have often pondered the sublime elegance of whoever created life on this small blue planet. I'm a born again agnostic, so I don't believe in a supreme deity - but isn't it profoundly ironic that ultimately it's the very thing that we need to live that eventually kills us all (basically oxidation)?

That's all the gratuitous homespun philosophy that I am prepared to share!

Don

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Yep , I know about B17 for long time, But here in USA is prohibited .

:confused:

1280px-Color_Photographed_B-17E_in_Flight.jpg

Jetta 97

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=81680
I was talking about Vitamin B17 not plane , what plane has to do with Cancer, really.

Last edited:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I was talking about Vitamin B17 not plain , what plain has to do with Cancer, really.
Grammar slammed Marin..........

"Plane" verse "Plain"
http://www.grammar-monster.com/easily_confused/plain_plane.htm

It doesn't, it's just no different than your spelling.........:cool:

I am no vocabulary King myself.......

Vitamin B17 doesn't exist, it was just a reference to an enzyme that was never official.

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
http://www.livestrong.com/article/502886-constipation-and-figs/

Fiber-Rich Dried Figs
Although no specific amount of dietary fiber will automatically cure your constipation, eating figs provides a significant dose of fiber that can help your bowels begin to operate correctly. Dried figs are loaded with fiber -- a single dried fig contains 0.8 gram of total fiber. Four dried figs provide more fiber than you'd get in three medium-sized prunes, one small apple, one small orange or 1 1/4 cup of fresh strawberries.

Benefits of Fresh Figs
If you can find fresh figs in the supermarket, they provide a different type of taste to conventional fruits while also boosting your fiber intake. A large, fresh fig, with a diameter of about 2.5 inches, contains 1.9 grams of total fiber. A small, fresh fig, with a diameter of about 1.5 inches, has 1.2 grams of total fiber. A handful of fresh figs, regardless of their size, has the potential to lessen your constipation. Add fresh figs to your diet by roasting them with shallots and herbs or slicing them on top of a green salad. Watch out for spoilage -- fresh figs only stay good for a couple of days after purchasing.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Instead of just shitting concerns maybe see the other benefits?

Than you should of taken them Art and they are heart healthy........

https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/fruit/health-benefits-of-figs-or-anjeer.html

[h=1]15 Best Benefits of Figs or Anjeer[/h]
The health benefits of figs or anjeer include its use as a treatment for sexual dysfunction, constipation, indigestion, piles, diabetes, cough, bronchitis, and asthma. It is also used as a quick and healthy way to gain weight back after suffering through an illness.
Figs are seasonal fruits that are found in the western parts of Asia, but dried figs are available almost everywhere, at any point during the year. The fig tree is a member of mulberry family.
The health benefits of figs come from the presence of minerals, vitamins and fiber contained in the fruit. Figs contain a wealth of beneficial nutrients, including vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, calcium, iron, phosphorus, manganese, sodium, potassium and chlorine.
[h=2]Health benefits of Figs[/h]A few of the health benefits derived from figs include…
Prevention of constipation: There are 5 grams of fiber in every three-fig serving. That high concentration of fiber helps promote healthy, regular bowel function and prevents constipation. Fiber works to add bulk and mass to bowel movements, so it not only prevents constipation, but also eliminates diarrhea and unhealthy or irregular bowel movements.
Weight loss: The fiber in figs also helps to reduce weight and is often recommended for obese people. However, their high calorie count can also result in weight gain, especially when consumed with milk. A few figs are enough to get the recommended amount of nutrients, so don’t overdo it! Remember, it is possible to have too much of a good thing.
Lower cholesterol: Figs contain Pectin, which is a soluble fiber. When fiber moves through the digestive system, it basically mops up excess clumps of cholesterol and carries them to the excretory system to be eliminated from the body. As a soluble fiber, pectin from figs also stimulates healthy bowel movements. Figs can have a laxative effect, as they are one of the most fiber-dense foods available. High amounts of fiber in your diet can benefit your overall health by preventing certain types of abdominal cancer, as well as colon cancer.
Fig2.jpg
Prevention of coronary heart disease:
Dried figs contain phenol, Omega-3 and Omega-6. These fatty acids reduce the risk of coronary heart disease. Furthermore, the leaves of figs have a significant effect on the level of triglycerides in a person’s system. Fig leaves have an inhibitory effect on triglycerides, and makes the overall number of triglycerides drop. Triglycerides are another major factor behind various heart diseases.
Prevention of colon cancer: The presence of fiber helps to stimulate the elimination of free radicals and other cancer causing substances, particularly in the colon, since fiber increases the healthy movement of the bowels.

Protection against post-menopausal breast cancer: Fiber content in figs have been known to protect against breast cancer, and after menopause, the hormonal balance in women can often fluctuate. The body’s systems are so interconnected that hormones affect the immune system, which is turn affect the ability of antioxidants to fight free radicals. Free radicals are prime factors behind the development of cancer, so figs take care of one extra line of defense by providing its wealth of fiber.
Good for diabetic patients: The American Diabetes Association recommends figs as a high fiber treat that helps promote functional control of diabetes. Fig leaves reduce the amount of insulin needed by diabetic patients who have to regularly take insulin injections. Figs are rich in Potassium, which helps to regulate the amount of sugar which is absorbed into the body after meals. Large amounts of potassium can ensure that blood sugar spikes and falls are much less frequent, so figs can help diabetics live a much more normal life.
Prevention of hypertension: People usually take in sodium in the form of salt, but low potassium and high sodium level may lead to hypertension. Figs are high in potassium and low in sodium, so they are a perfect defense against the appearance and effects of hypertension, making figs a relaxing food as well, which can settle the nerves and bring some calmness to your day.
Bronchitis: The natural chemicals in fig leaves make it an ideal component for a tea base. Fig leaf tea has been popularly prescribed for various respiratory conditions like bronchitis, and it is also used as a way to prevent and lessen the symptoms of asthmatic patients.
Venereal Diseases: Figs have been traditionally used in the Indian subcontinent and a few other areas of the world as a calming salve for venereal diseases. Ingestion or topical application both work for relief from sexually transmitted diseases, although further research needs to be done on the exact range of symptoms and diseases which figs positively effect.
Sexual Dysfunction: For centuries, figs have been recommended as a way to correct sexual dysfunction like sterility, endurance, or erectile dysfunction. It has been a major part of mythology and culture, and most of the time, it is referenced as a powerful fertility or sexual supplement. Its actual success as an aphrodisiac is questionable, but the huge amount of valuable vitamins and minerals might result in the sudden boost in energy and stamina that people mistake for a sexual surge. Soak 2-3 figs in milk overnight and eat them in the morning to enhance your sexual abilities.
Strengthens Bones: Figs are rich in calcium, which is one of the most important components in strengthening bones, and reducing the risk of osteoporosis. It is also rich in phosphorus, which encourages bone formation and spurs regrowth if there is any damage or degradation to bones.
Urinary calcium loss: People that maintain a high-sodium diet may be affected by increased urinary calcium loss. The high potassium content in figs helps to avoid that condition and regulates the content of waste in your urine. It minimizes the calcium you lose, while increasing the amount of uric acid and other harmful toxins which you want to get out of your body.
Prevention of macular degeneration: Vision loss in older people is normally due to macular degeneration. Fruits and figs are particularly good at helping you avoid this very common symptom of aging.
Relief for throat pain: The high mucilage content in figs helps to heal and protect sore throats. The soothing nature of figs and their natural juices can relieve pain and stress on the vocal chords.
Figs are quite useful in treating various respiratory disorders like whooping cough and asthma. They are also effective digestive aids, and they are helpful in treating constipation, indigestion, stomach ache, and various other intestinal conditions. Figs are good for fever, earache, boils, abscesses, venereal diseases and is excellent for the liver. Figs have a high level of alkines, therefore they help to regulate the pH of the body. Figs are rich in flavonoids and polyphenols, which are antioxidants that prevent the damage caused by free radicals. Figs are known for their soothing and laxative properties, and they are also low in fat and sugar.

Figs are sweet and soft and their paste is often used as a replacement for sugar. Processed figs are used to make pies, pudding, cakes, assorted baked goods, jam, jellies and preserves.
Precaution: It is possible to have too much of a good thing, and eating too many figs can cause diarrhea. Furthermore, dried figs are high in sugar and can potentially cause tooth decay. Also, there are those who are allergic to figs, or certain chemical components within them, and the resulting allergic reactions can be mild to severe. As always, before making a major change in your behavioral patterns or lifestyle, speak with your doctor or usual medical professional.
Finally, it is best not to consume too many figs in the week or two leading up to a surgery, because it can occasionally cause bleeding in the digestive tract in sensitive individuals.

Last edited:

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
organic facts, is that like alternative facts? ;)

Just so you know the back-story, our weekly steak night trip yesterday started out with a pit stop to a wholesale restaurant supply business. Not Sam's Club or Costco, but rather the kind that actually sells raisins in 30-pound bags and apparently carrots by the pallet. An un-named person in the vehicle ;) bought *two* bags of figs, and proceeded to offer me some in the parking lot. I told him that my sphincter muscle didn't need any more exercise, and that eating figs gives you the shits. I was told that I'm full of shit, and that figs were not a laxative. Well, yes I *am* full of shit...because I didn't eat 5 pounds of figs! :-p

Speaking of fake news outlets, this paragraph was conveniently omitted from the cut/paste of the article above:

Precaution: It is possible to have too much of a good thing, and eating too many figs can cause diarrhea. Furthermore, dried figs are high in sugar and can potentially cause tooth decay. Also, there are those who are allergic to figs, or certain chemical components within them, and the resulting allergic reactions can be mild to severe. As always, before making a major change in your behavioral patterns or lifestyle, speak with your doctor or usual medical professional.

Long story short, I can't accuse the nameless person of being full of shit if he ate 5 pounds of figs last night..... :D

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
organic facts, is that like alternative facts? ;)

No no Fake facts.......and alternate reporting on steak night fake news!

Just so you know the back-story, our weekly steak night trip yesterday started out with a pit stop to a wholesale restaurant supply business. Not Sam's Club or Costco, but rather the kind that actually sells raisins in 30-pound bags and apparently carrots by the pallet. An un-named person in the vehicle ;) bought *two* bags of figs, and proceeded to offer me some in the parking lot. I told him that my sphincter muscle didn't need any more exercise, and that eating figs gives you the shits. I was told that I'm full of shit, and that figs were not a laxative. Well, yes I *am* full of shit...because I didn't eat 5 pounds of figs! :-p

Speaking of fake news outlets, this paragraph was conveniently omitted from the cut/paste of the article above:

No Art you are full of bullshit because you stated you were constipated and I offered because they were just really good with low sodium and low cal. I stated I was unaware if they were like prunes or dates etc..if so I said " hey want a bag than?"
All I did was try to get my buddy to walk a little because his wife says he needs too & by his DR!
For 10 years I have asked about the walk after dinner and it's always with apprehension.
Really the Steaks and stuff here are awesome and I gained at least 8-10 pounds in 2 weeks trying stuff and while ultimately sharing!
I didn't go eat in a corner........

Back