Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HEX-NET update problems/Error -11

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

HEX-NET update problems/Error -11

So today i needed my HEX-NET again after quite a while. When connecting it to the car it tripple-beeps 5 times in a row on startup and then everything seems normal. I then try using the VCDS-app on my phone to connect to it but i get a blank screen saying something like "page does not exist".

I then thought it might just needed an update so i tried that. The HEX-NET does the same thing when connecting to my PC, tripple-beeps 5 times and seems normal. On update it takes quite a while and i get Error-11:

After this I decided to give it another try and i see that everything is updated except for something called DS(?). I try updating and again i get Error -11:

What could be the problem or rather the answer to this?

Post Thanks / Like
    -11 could be SD card failure or a drive mounting problem on the PC side but I'm not sure about the beeping. I'll pass this link along for additional feedback from the rest of the crew. Does it beep when only connected to the PC via USB and no car?

Post Thanks / Like
    The beeping and -11 are confirmation that something in the SD card area is malfunctioning.

Are you comfortable with removing the screws from the HEX-NET so you can check the SD card connection?

If so please make sure it isn't loose and re-test it. If the problem is not resolved we can pre-configure a replacement SD card and mail it to you which would be more cost effective than asking you to send the HEX-NET to Ross-Tech headquarters for on-site repairs.

If you are not comfortable with the idea of taking it apart I can create a RMA number so you can mail it in for repairs.

Best,
    Dana

4. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    The beeping and -11 are confirmation that something in the SD card area is malfunctioning.

Are you comfortable with removing the screws from the HEX-NET so you can check the SD card connection?

If so please make sure it isn't loose and re-test it. If the problem is not resolved we can pre-configure a replacement SD card and mail it to you which would be more cost effective than asking you to send the HEX-NET to Ross-Tech headquarters for on-site repairs.

If you are not comfortable with the idea of taking it apart I can create a RMA number so you can mail it in for repairs.

Best,
    Dana
    Opened up the HEX-NET and i can't see anything wrong with the connections. Tried taking the SD-card out and puting it back in with the same issue happening again... Here are some pictures of the of the HEX-NET taken apart:

6. Likes Eric, Dana, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Your RMA Number is 170302RA1

Thanks for the feedback and pictures! Your RMA Number is 170302RA1

Are you still at the same address we have on-file from the original HEX-NET order on 12/25/2015? If not please drop an e-mail to Support or PM me the shipping address.

This will be the 1st customer repair SD card RMA we've processed so please be patient while we sort the details on our end I hope to have an update for you on the status before closing time on Friday but you can bump this back up for an update.

Internal notes: RET?ID=5085

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Thanks for the feedback and pictures! Your RMA Number is 170302RA1

Are you still at the same address we have on-file from the original HEX-NET order on 12/25/2015? If not please drop an e-mail to Support or PM me the shipping address.

This will be the 1st customer repair SD card RMA we've processed so please be patient while we sort the details on our end I hope to have an update for you on the status before closing time on Friday but you can bump this back up for an update.

Internal notes: RET?ID=5085
    Yes i am still at the same adress, just to make sure, its an adress with postcode 3409, Tranby right? I might have put in the adress off where i work(postcode 3414, Lierstranda)

Just take your time, I am not in a huge rush

9. Likes Dana, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The post code of 3409 matches but I have the city DRAMMEN rather than Tranby on-file. I'll send you an e-mail shortly with the complete details.

11. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm bumping this up with an update because we haven't had any prior self-repair SD card RMAs. This was a successful repair and the interface is fully functional so we avoided unnecessary international round trip shipping of the interface itself.

If anyone else stumbles across this thread while searching for the Error -11 code please be aware the SD Card is special. You can't just run to Best Buy and stuff a random new card in the interface. Please contact us directly or post in our forum for repair/replacement options on a case-by-case basis.

13. Likes D-Dub, jyoung8607, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry to bring the dead back to life.... however i am having the same exact issues as olechr was having.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pdman View Post
    sorry to bring the dead back to life.... however i am having the same exact issues as olechr was having.
    Since you're local, in the US, I'll ask: Would you prefer to send it in for repair, or would you like us to send you a card for you to install yourself?

Feel free to give us a call tomorrow.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.