Thanks for the Help Uwe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Southgate

Reaction score
I joined this forum to try and get some help with a problem on my car but Uwe has made a claim that the software used for my scan was pirated but refuses to say how he knows this. The scan was done on a standalone Samsung tablet and was carried out in good faith by a member of a VAG forum in the UK. I would have liked to have commented on my original thread but the "benevolent dictator" has closed it, so I have had to start a new thread.

I'm sorry that you have the attitude you have, but I came here in good faith to seek some help. Instead you have thrown it back on my face without providing any proof to back up your claims. That is a very good way to encourage people to buy your product.

Zenerdiode

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=24330
If you look at my introductory post; you'll see that it says that I have only bought two products from the Ross-Tech organisation in 14 years and have had all the support I could ever ask for. For "free". It's not really free, as any advice from anyone is the most expensive payment they can give - their time.

If you support the company that brought this product to the market for us, I sincerely vouch that they will support you. To pick up on a couple of your points;

The fact that a Samsung tablet was used is no proof of authenticity; as VCDS may be used on practically any modern Windows device. It couldn't have been a VCDS-mobile device as they haven't been released to the UK yet.
As author of the product, Uwe will have embedded subtleties that he will know whether it is authentic without equivocation.

Why not ask your VAG forum member to give you a ball park figure how much they purchased the product for, then ask them to upgrade to the latest version of VCDS from Ross-Tech.com. - it's a free upgrade.

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
... Uwe has made a claim that the software used for my scan was pirated but refuses to say how he knows this.
Uwe Ross is the Ross in Ross-Tech as well as the original author, so he has a fairly good idea of what he's looking at. Having been a Ross-Tech customer and advocate for ten years, I have seen clones before and I can tell you there had been no mistake. It is not my place to go into further detail.

The scan was done on a standalone Samsung tablet and was carried out in good faith by a member of a VAG forum in the UK.
Unfortunately that person helping you purchased a pirated clone off eBay or similar. They're the ones with the obviously too-good-to-be-true prices. There's no way you could have known that in advance, so don't take that part personally.

I'm sorry that you have the attitude you have, but I came here in good faith to seek some help. Instead you have thrown it back on my face without providing any proof to back up your claims. That is a very good way to encourage people to buy your product.
I can tell you that Ross-Tech is absurdly customer friendly as compared to any other vendor in the field. Their prices are low, their updates are free, and their support is outstanding. You should really consider purchasing your own interface, you won't regret it.

Ross-Tech gets multiple requests every day from people who, charitably stated, aren't Ross-Tech customers. They're fine with a friend scanning your car for you; it's the stolen product that's the problem. They work hard on it and it puts food on their family's tables, so they do occasionally run out of "nice" when it comes to being ripped off. Again, don't take it personally.

Jason

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back