Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: V10 doesn't start

Post Thanks / Like
    No, I didn't know that thanks!. Thanks for the response - some really good information you provided.

Post Thanks / Like
    Today 2/22/2017 I installed two NEW Bosch vehicle batteries (cargo and under-seat). Nothing changed. Same problems. Although, the battery under the seat was bad. Vehicle still not letting power to the ignition. Still not recognizing brakes being pushed.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please take a look at this simplified diagram, you must follow the route the power takes and eliminate components one by one

4. Likes Harris, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Currently have the Touareg at Matthews imports. It just so happened that I was sitting in their parking lot when the Treg stopped running. As of today, they've replaced both batteries. Said, the fuses, relays, starter, and alternator are all good. They have the cove off the air plenum and things dangling of behind the instrument cluster. Also, said everything under seat good. They found NO issues in wiring under the front drivers floor board carpet. Not sure why they haven't test the J518 or J519 modules. They say their just looking for shorts at the moment. The garage owner said he's had someone on it for three days. Seems to me like thats a long time for just testing the above diagram. Not sure what else to do. I guess I'm at the mercy of this garage now.

Post Thanks / Like

Latest update

Quote Originally Posted by Harris View Post
    Currently have the Touareg at Matthews imports. It just so happened that I was sitting in their parking lot when the Treg stopped running. As of today, they've replaced both batteries. Said, the fuses, relays, starter, and alternator are all good. They have the cove off the air plenum and things dangling of behind the instrument cluster. Also, said everything under seat good. They found NO issues in wiring under the front drivers floor board carpet. Not sure why they haven't test the J518 or J519 modules. They say their just looking for shorts at the moment. The garage owner said he's had someone on it for three days. Seems to me like thats a long time for just testing the above diagram. Not sure what else to do. I guess I'm at the mercy of this garage now.
    Currently Mechanic - replaced batteries $450 and charging 8 hours labor @$90.00 per hour. And, NOTHING has been fixed. They say everything is good. but have never test any of the modules under the dash. I'm not sure why. Is there a special trick with testing? I suggested to the mechanic that we use the paid ROSS TECH support line tomorrow, which is willing to do. My plan is to go there in a few hours with my VCDS hooked up, ready to scan, and then make the call. UWE does this sound like a reasonable next step??? My vehicle was running just fine and it seems like it should be a fairly simple electrical tracing job but currently they have the vehicle in, what seems like, a million pieces. If i can get my computer to communicate with computer I was to scan the access control module / kessy / comfort control modules and maybe clear faults? What security access codes should i use? I saw someone use 08432. Is each vehicle different? If I don't get it fixed later today I'm bringing it home. I'm tired of everything being rushed at the garage and not enough TLC. Please advise!

P.S. I did remove 5 lbs. of wet muck (leaves, acorns, squirrel nest) from the drivers side air plenum in the area below the ECMs and ABS module. Vacuumed, wiped, cleaned the entire plenum area as best as i could. And dried the area with compressed air.
    Last edited by Harris; 03-02-2017 at 04:42 AM. Reason: P.S.

7. Likes ivagp liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good job on cleaning the plenums, water not draining there is a big problem.
    You were doing just fine on your own, why did you go to a garage to pay ridiculous sums of money for what you already know?
    Your culprit seems to be more and more narrowing down to your kessy module, there is no good way to test it, swapping it out with another might just see if power is going properly to your ignition and whether brake pedal inputs will work properly etc.

9. Likes Harris, ivagp liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get that truck out of there, call DVM and find a competent dealer.

8 hours .......Bullshit!
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

11. Likes Harris, ivagp liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's like you went to Dunkin Donuts and ordered a filet mignon. He's working on that car with a Snap-On scanner he has no chance in hell. Ask him if he charged you hours of diagnostic what's the outcome. I would settle for two hours 2 to r&r batteries and another two hours of check out time. Welcome to the University of vag

13. Likes Harris liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    You don't charge to learn or pay to teach.........just that simple.......at least its that way with me.

Something I don't know......... time clock stops in my shop......once found I charge for the actual repair and a reasonable time for the diagnostic related materials needed.

Doesn't anyone have values anymore........

Now that information is confidential that I learn typically and if someone has to "know"......... they pay pay pay........!
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

15. Likes ivagp, Harris, tuningbyamg liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Get that truck out of there, call DVM and find a competent dealer.

8 hours .......Bullshit!
    Thanks Jack, I should say that his current ESTIMATE I saw was 7.5 hours but nothing final yet. I just happen to be at that location when the vehicle didn't start. The funny thing is my closest VW shop not much better. Do you KNOW how to derive security access codes? Is it necessary for what I'm testing? - sorry, I've not had my VAG long.
    Last edited by Harris; 03-02-2017 at 10:20 AM.