Status
Not open for further replies.

PinoySaMI

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=220597
Hi. My name is Tony and I am new to VCDS and recently bought a Hex-Net mobile. I want to learn and fully utilize it to it's full potential. I have a 2011 Audi A4. My primary intention is to reset "service due" on my dashboard every 10K miles. I recently also bought an Apple Mac Air as my primary and only computer at home.

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hi Tony,

Per our email conversation, B8 and newer Audi models require modifications to several Adaptation channels in a specific order. The semi-automated [SRI Reset] function simplifies this process using VCDS (meaning the conventional, PC based software) because the end user selects an operation from the drop-down menu followed by clicking [Perform SRI]. This is demonstrated in the :33 to 1:20 min markers in the video at the bottom of that [SRI Reset] page.

That demonstration however was from a relatively simple NAR market Audi A8 (4E) Instrument cluster that only required changing Adaptation Channel 002 from a stored value of 1 = service active -to- the new value of 0 = service reset rather than the complex strategy used by the cluster in this vehicle.​

If you have a Windows based PC that you can borrow, simply install the latest Beta and give that a shot, perhaps with the supplied USB cable if you do not want to set the loaner PC up on your home network.

If you do not have a PC we can help you reset the SRI manually but we would want to review the VCDS-Mobile Auto-Scan which is explained in the video located in post #4 here. You will need to get the HEX-NET itself configured first so please feel free to update and post those questions in the ongoing thread . After you have the HEX-NET configured with the Cloud Account setup please paste the contents from the Auto-Scan to a new forum thread in the Car Repair Support sub-forum so I can build a list of SRI Adaptation channels that apply to this vehicle.

-Dana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back