Coding with HEX-NET

Gizmo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=49193
Hi, I currently use your HEX+CAN interface but will be changing to the HEX-NET when it is available to buy in the UK.

One thing that slightly concerns me is that coding adaptations need to be done via the cloud, is this for security (to prevent hackers building a rip off unit etc) or simply because the unit itself is not capable of doing it on its own?

99% of the time I would have access to the cloud so it would not be an issue, but if I cannot get wifi / 3G coverage then AIUI I cannot make any adaptations.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Well, yes you can, if you have a PC with VCDS handy because the HEX-NET does act as an interface (either USB or WiFi) for VCDS as well.

However, if you're talking strictly about VCDS-Mobile, then you will indeed need Cloud access in order to do coding.

-Uwe-

Gizmo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=49193
Cheers Uwe,

i was was trying to get away from the whole netbook thing TBH, but it seems I will need to keep it for these odd occasions when the iPad has no cloud connectivity.

Is it a security or product limitation reason?

Thanks.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
As I've posted previously, there are a number of reason why it's designed that way.

-Uwe-

Gizmo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=49193
Cheers Uwe I missed you explanation in that thread :rolleyes:

I am happy with you reasons and hopefully by regaining a bit of control it will stop the Chinese from ripping off your product.

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
Here is hoping you are correct Gizmo! But, they are very smart people and their ethics are not the same as we have in the West. So, we are not kidding ourselves, we expect that eventually they will find a way!

Back