98 Passat 1.8

Joshua

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=298746
Need help, I have the HEX-V2 and am getting the message ''no response from controller'' any advice?

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Without an Auto-Scan we don't know which controller isn't responding, so please post a full Auto-Scan.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Ignition on?

What are the exact results when you do [Options] -> [Test] with the interface connected to the car?

-Uwe-

Joshua

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=298746
Ignition on?

What are the exact results when you do [Options] -> [Test] with the interface connected to the car?

-Uwe-

All good, connections ok, I click ''save'' click option for control modules, click engine 01....then I get the ''no response from controller''

Joshua

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=298746
I tried the auto scan and get the same message ''no response from controller'' for each of the modules.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
All good, connections ok
That's not "exact" results. :rolleyes:

How about a screen-shot of the MessageBox? Or simply press CTRL-C while the MessageBox has the focus and paste the results (which will be text) here?

I click ''save'' click option for control modules, click engine 01....then I get the ''no response from controller''
I tried the auto scan and get the same message ''no response from controller'' for each of the modules.

You didn't answer whether you have the ignition on.

What color are the LEDs on the interface?

Does this car have an aftermarket radio?

-Uwe-

Joshua

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=298746
ok -Uwe-been trying to do a screen shot and or ctrl+c and not working for me. So during my head scratching session I was looking at the fuse panel and found a missing fuse for dome lights, replaced the fuse and IT WORKS, I got full access to car computer. And yes ignition was on, leds were flashing green and it does have after market radio. Sure hope I'm all good now, thank you for the help, I may be back.

Reactions: Uwe
Back