Thread: 98 Passat 1.8

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

98 Passat 1.8

Need help, I have the HEX-V2 and am getting the message ''no response from controller'' any advice?

Post Thanks / Like
    Without an Auto-Scan we don't know which controller isn't responding, so please post a full Auto-Scan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Ignition on?

What are the exact results when you do [Options] -> [Test] with the interface connected to the car?

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Ignition on?

What are the exact results when you do [Options] -> [Test] with the interface connected to the car?

-Uwe-
    All good, connections ok, I click ''save'' click option for control modules, click engine 01....then I get the ''no response from controller''

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried the auto scan and get the same message ''no response from controller'' for each of the modules.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    All good, connections ok
    That's not "exact" results.

How about a screen-shot of the MessageBox? Or simply press CTRL-C while the MessageBox has the focus and paste the results (which will be text) here?

I click ''save'' click option for control modules, click engine 01....then I get the ''no response from controller''
    I tried the auto scan and get the same message ''no response from controller'' for each of the modules.
    You didn't answer whether you have the ignition on.

What color are the LEDs on the interface?

Does this car have an aftermarket radio?

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok -Uwe-been trying to do a screen shot and or ctrl+c and not working for me. So during my head scratching session I was looking at the fuse panel and found a missing fuse for dome lights, replaced the fuse and IT WORKS, I got full access to car computer. And yes ignition was on, leds were flashing green and it does have after market radio. Sure hope I'm all good now, thank you for the help, I may be back.

8. Likes Uwe liked this post