Not open for further replies.

jessemoc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=219621
Hey everyone,
I have a 2010 JSW with a CR TDI and a manual transmission. Does anyone know how to either lower or remove the set point that turns the engine off if the RPMs drop too low? I'm not sure what it's set to right now, but it's high enough that it's quite annoying! I've driven manual trans. vehicles for years, and in the short period that we've had this one, I've stalled it a number of times. I could live with it, but it's a little more disturbing for my sisters/mom when they stall in the middle of an intersection. I've looked for an answer, but so far have been unable to come up with anything.

Thanks!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
What makes you think there is such a set point?

Our theory is: Due to all the EGR happening at idle, these engines simply can't go from making idle torque to making enough torque to move the vehicle very quickly.

-Uwe-

jessemoc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=219621
I read it somewhere (don't remember where), but it just feels like that's the case. But, I could be wrong :-) If find where I saw it soon, I'll post it.

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
The engine shutdown rpm is in ECU map. Basically you need remap or learn how to drive it.

skinnyb

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=46058
Malone tuning will make this lower as they map the ECU (which cannot be done via VCDS)... Mine is DSG (and Malone tuned) so I have not had the issue but my previous MKV Sedan with the CJAA engine was a 6m and I agree it is annoying...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back