Thread: Lowering/removing low engine rpm shut-down

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Lowering/removing low engine rpm shut-down

Hey everyone,
    I have a 2010 JSW with a CR TDI and a manual transmission. Does anyone know how to either lower or remove the set point that turns the engine off if the RPMs drop too low? I'm not sure what it's set to right now, but it's high enough that it's quite annoying! I've driven manual trans. vehicles for years, and in the short period that we've had this one, I've stalled it a number of times. I could live with it, but it's a little more disturbing for my sisters/mom when they stall in the middle of an intersection. I've looked for an answer, but so far have been unable to come up with anything.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    What makes you think there is such a set point?

Our theory is: Due to all the EGR happening at idle, these engines simply can't go from making idle torque to making enough torque to move the vehicle very quickly.

-Uwe-

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I read it somewhere (don't remember where), but it just feels like that's the case. But, I could be wrong :-) If find where I saw it soon, I'll post it.

Post Thanks / Like
    The engine shutdown rpm is in ECU map. Basically you need remap or learn how to drive it.
    I am a VW Freak - Le WV Freaks OR Come visit me at my work with ODIS concerns - FORSS ODIS GeKo/FaZit access for VW/AUDI/Škoda
    The world is my oyster...

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Malone tuning will make this lower as they map the ECU (which cannot be done via VCDS)... Mine is DSG (and Malone tuned) so I have not had the issue but my previous MKV Sedan with the CJAA engine was a 6m and I agree it is annoying...
    2012 Passat SE TDI DSG. Tint, RLS activated, other VCDS tweaks
    2013 JSW TDI DSG. Malone 1.5 with DSG tune, tint, upgraded wheels, etc, etc. AKA Money Pit #1
    2008 R32 #1580, Tint, VCDS tweaks, etc etc. AKA Money Pit #2

6. Likes jakematic liked this post