Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No boost fault on 2.0cbbb tdi

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy No boost fault on 2.0cbbb tdi

Hi folks,

I'm a newbie to the forum but used VCDS for a few years and saved a fortune in stealer costs..... Thanks.

I do have an issue with the wife's 2010 TT 2.0TDI and its the dreaded turbo/vnt actuator issue.
    i'm a fairly competent mechanic but i cant get to the bottom of this one...
    Its a 2.0 cbbb tdi engine with 75k miles.
    I've been through many threads on many forums but end result is no boost??
    Turbo has been off, cleaned and freed off the vanes, new vnt actuator and all refitted, setup using vcds and mityvac.
    All looked perfect on setup and no vac leaks. Tested n75 solenoid and vnt actuator.
    Still no boost!!!

Can any kind soul shed some light on this one.

2010 Audi TT 2.0TDi
    2007 Audi A4 2.0TDi

p.s the turbo is back out again.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've never seen a graph like this, is this the pedal to the floor or you're jabbing and releasing it?
    Boost requested is spiking up/down as if you step on the pedal and released it and then keep doing that

Post Thanks / Like
    Please include a full Auto-Scan when asking for assistance:
    http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthre...t-an-Auto-Scan

Clogged/restricted exhaust?

Can you manually generate boost via a passenger with a Minivac pulling vacuum on the VNT?

Pressure tested (smoke test) the charge pipes and such?
    Jef
    Ross Tech Support Team, Alpha Squad
    Auto-Scan, learn it, love it, live it... then check the fuses.

4. Likes Uwe, tuningbyamg liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by tuningbyamg View Post
    I've never seen a graph like this, is this the pedal to the floor or you're jabbing and releasing it?
    Boost requested is spiking up/down as if you step on the pedal and released it and then keep doing that
    The car is parked and running in neutral. The graph shows me flooring the throttle to max in neutral (2400rpm) on and off. I can see the specified spike as expected but no actual to mimic the specified. Like no boost at all...
    It all looks good except for actual.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stephngaz View Post
    The car is parked and running in neutral. The graph shows me flooring the throttle to max in neutral (2400rpm) on and off. I can see the specified spike as expected but no actual to mimic the specified. Like no boost at all...
    It all looks good except for actual.
    Don't know how this works, as 2,400 is not a lot of RPM and don't own anything this new but maybe has a governor like some GM and cuts out @ 2400 so some body can't grenade the motor. Also again don't own anything this new would thought this would have a variable vane turbo, but speaking out of turn here, just don't know? I would be more inclined to take it out under heavy load and see what these look like again, but yes see no boost @ all here that is true. What is the condition of the MAP sensor (I.E. turbo pressure) like. and I am not above tapping into a system with an old style vacuum gauge to get a reading that concurrs with the Vag. How does this car run, smoke, no smoke, no power?????????????? But yes what goes in must come out and turbo is tied to exhaust being clean also. Could also disconnect exhaust and try that.

Larry

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    RPM will be limited without a VSS, carry out a boost test in BS.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    The car is parked in neutral with me flooring the throttle to max when parked, 2400rpm if remember correctly.
    Is see the revs and specified boost climb as I rev her but no change in actual boost.
    Car goes straight into limp mode on the road.
    Turbo is back off to check if vanes are physically moving....

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ignore the extra blah blah above, got some web probs too.....
    I know the revs won't go above this whilst parked but driving to test isn't possible for now as I chopped my bloody vcds cable, raging.....
    Yeah, it's a vnt turbo and had a the common P0299 fault and limp mode. The vanes move freely after cleaning and actuator has been replaced/ setup using mityvac. I need my replacement cable before I can confirm voltages at from actuator sensor but the actuator test in "Basic setting" went OK with actuator moving freely and noticable exhaust note change.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plugged restricted intake TV stuck or air filter........air has to get in ...........before it can get out.

Post an auto-scan
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

11. Likes MartinsX liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will do, as soon as I get my cable back.
    Just about to recheck all hoses, vac lines etc but not sure what else???
    Gary