Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: NEW TO AUDI NEW TO VCDS NEED SERIOUS HELP!!!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sheed44 View Post
    im still having the issue of something draining the battery after about 6-8 hours of the car sitting it will light up and the key will turn but it will not start instead it makes a ticking sound like the battery is completely dead but it's not then after I put the charger on it for about a minute it starts right up?? what could be drawing this power from the battery? based off of my latest scan?
    Have you checked the Alarm Horn wiring like I stated in a previous post? Did you order the Alarm horn? Did you order the MOST loop?
    When you shut all doors and lock the car do you hear the alarm beep? After you lock the car after about 15 mins look at the Hazzars button and or the shift lights, are they still lite up? The loop will bypass the CD player that's showing a DTC, if the Can Bus cannot communicate with all modules then it will not go to sleep, it will countinue to try over and over this is another battery drain issue. Again you need the alarm horn/alarm siren and at lease one loop to start fixing things.

2. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonSlaya View Post
    Have you checked the Alarm Horn wiring like I stated in a previous post? Did you order the Alarm horn? Did you order the MOST loop?
    When you shut all doors and lock the car do you hear the alarm beep? After you lock the car after about 15 mins look at the Hazzars button and or the shift lights, are they still lite up? The loop will bypass the CD player that's showing a DTC, if the Can Bus cannot communicate with all modules then it will not go to sleep, it will countinue to try over and over this is another battery drain issue. Again you need the alarm horn/alarm siren and at lease one loop to start fixing things.
    I did order the MOST loop, and no alarm beeps when locking the car and yes the shift lights stay on but not sure how long exactly will time it in the am and look at the horn/alarm also and will post after doing so

4. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sheed44 View Post
    I did order the MOST loop, and no alarm beeps when locking the car and yes the shift lights stay on but not sure how long exactly will time it in the am and look at the horn/alarm also and will post after doing so
    Awesome! The loop is a life saver. The alarm doesn't beep because there is a problem with the alarm wiring or the alarm it self. My money is you need a new alarm. The lights will stay on until it's forced to turn off when the battery drains lol. When the loop get in let me know and I'll walk you through it. Have you found the location of the alarm?

6. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts, JGiardino89 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonSlaya View Post
    Awesome! The loop is a life saver. The alarm doesn't beep because there is a problem with the alarm wiring or the alarm it self. My money is you need a new alarm. The lights will stay on until it's forced to turn off when the battery drains lol. When the loop get in let me know and I'll walk you through it. Have you found the location of the alarm?

No I actually just texted you asking for the location of the alarm, and how do I code out a function as in the tire sensor you said I should since its turned off?

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    No I actually just texted you asking for the location of the alarm, and how do I code out a function as in the tire sensor you said I should since its turned off?
    Good diagnosis/repairs start with the RTFB!

Component locator in WD.

JPPSG!
    http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthre...uot-JPPSG-quot
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a question I have. How do you go about checking battery drain in an A8 with a meter? I ask because it doesn't work like normal cars. I took the negative battery terminal off and put the red from meter to negative cable and black from meter to negative post of the battery and automatic it turns the sound system and alarm goes off? Thanks