Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW TO AUDI NEW TO VCDS NEED SERIOUS HELP!!!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mattylondon View Post
    If that's dead then a used CD unit will need component protection removed to work in your car. How desperate are you to have CDs? I ask because you can swap this for the AMI unit (ipod, USB MP3's etc..) which has no CP. Essentially a 10 minute job just by dropping the glove box and switching units and using the same connections.

Here's a used AMI, if a little overpriced... I have part number 4E0035785C AMI in my A8
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/152345285646?
    honestly I woud rather have the ipod usb and mp3 capability so maybe I would be wise to get on ebay and at least take a look, but again based off of my optical bus scan is that whats wrong with my system exactly? im new to all of this lol

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian View Post
    For the time being, add a MOST loop and bridge the media player. Then remove it from the installation list and you should be good to go. You can still install a new/used one or an aftermarket accessory later.

honestly I don't know how to do that? do I do it through VCDS? because I cant get any type of further display other than the Audi logo and then the MMI shuts down, the controls light up briefly then go dark also

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonSlaya View Post
    Like most people stated on your thread I would purchase at lease 2 Loops for your data bus it's nice to have an extra for the future but also great for running a diagnostics on the data bus. Erwin is your best friend for sure, I do have some PDF's I could share from Erwin when I purchased it Delete repeated word is expensive but much cheaper then going to the Stealers.... That is of course if that is OK with Uwe not sure if I'm allowed to share what I have from Erwin on the Thread?? Anyways for your Motor mount issue that was a problem from the start with the electronic Motor mounts and Audi created a plug special for them, I had to use a couple of them to get the codes replaced, I would just look at the mounts visually.. That is as far as I go for now until you get some progress on your data bus and I will continue to help...
    This will help// Engine
    1) Engine mount there is a plug that bypasses this DTC and if needed I can locate that part number for you tomorrow sometime.
    please do and where is it located exactly? and do I hook up VCDS to it? and please share the PDF's if possible I just want the car to be the best it can be without the high dealership costs

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mattylondon View Post
    If that's dead then a used CD unit will need component protection removed to work in your car. How desperate are you to have CDs? I ask because you can swap this for the AMI unit (ipod, USB MP3's etc..) which has no CP. Essentially a 10 minute job just by dropping the glove box and switching units and using the same connections.

Here's a used AMI, if a little overpriced... I have part number 4E0035785C AMI in my A8
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/152345285646?
    and this part will work in the 04?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sheed44 View Post
    and this part will work in the 04?
    I would forget adding anything without getting the Can Bus fixed in my opinion!
    Last edited by BostonSlaya; 01-28-2017 at 08:32 PM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would start with buying two of the Fiber Optic Loop Part number 4E0-973-802
    Once you get these in the mail your in business!!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonSlaya View Post
    I would start with buying two of the Fiber Optic Loop Part number 4E0-973-802
    Once you get these in the mail your in business!!

ok I have located a couple of the fiber Optic Loops,

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok I have located a couple of the fiber Optic Loops,
    Awesome! When they come in let us know and we can help further.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    So I got the MMI to work all this time it was a 5a fuse in the passenger side fuse compartment that I didn't know existed smh rookie mistake, so now my next issue is how to access the battery management and ride suspension features and any other feature associated wit the MMI. And another issue I was having with the car is my battery drains after it sits for maybe over 5 hours and I hadn't had this problem the first 3 or four days I owned the car but I was checking some fuses in the back near the battery and may have put one back in the wrong place, not sure as I don't know what those fuses all go to in the first place. and just within the last couple of days the driver door lights up on the dash display as being open and dings when the door is clearly closed not sure what this is either I will rescan the vehicle and see what new codes pop up the MMI version I have is

SW:d3-HU 41.4.0 0709
    Last edited by sheed44; 01-30-2017 at 12:09 AM.

10. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    So I got the MMI to work all this time it was a 5a fuse in the passenger side fuse compartment that I didn't know existed smh rookie mistake, so now my next issue is how to access the battery management and ride suspension features and any other feature associated wit the MMI. And another issue I was having with the car is my battery drains after it sits for maybe over 5 hours and I hadn't had this problem the first 3 or four days I owned the car but I was checking some fuses in the back near the battery and may have put one back in the wrong place, not sure as I don't know what those fuses all go to in the first place. and just within the last couple of days the driver door lights up on the dash display as being open and dings when the door is clearly closed not sure what this is either I will rescan the vehicle and see what new codes pop up the MMI version I have is

SW:d3-HU 41.4.0 0709
    New scan please after getting the MMI. there is a few reasons you got battery drain here but one known factor is the alarm horn. These are known for the batteries inside to leak into it. Check the wiring and if needed replace it. Open the drivers door and lock it manually with the door still open and see if it works first. Also for you fuses there is fuses on the drivers side panel left of the steering wheel and on the other side on the passenger side,they should have stickers of the fuse placements on the backside of the covers you remove unless yours are missing if they are Let me know

12. Likes Uwe liked this post