Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW TO AUDI NEW TO VCDS NEED SERIOUS HELP!!!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok thank you I will do the MMI scan, also I don't have the owners manual so im not sure as to what all of the fuse locations stand for its open spaces in both of the rear fuel boxes haven't been able to find a diagrams with specific locations and fuse requirements.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    so I did the Optical bus diagnostic and these were the results

Code:
    Thursday,26,January,2017,09:50:04:42098
    VCDS Version: Release 17.1.2 (x64)
    Control Module Part Number: 4E0 910 468 A
      Component and/or Version: Gateway         H07 0030

Optical Bus Diagnostic : Standard

Controller          	Electrical          	Optical             
    19-CAN Gateway      	OK                  	ERROR               
    07-Control Head(High/D3)	OK                  	OK                  
    0E-Media Player 1   	ERROR               	ERROR               
    47-Sound System     	OK                  	OK                  
    56-Radio            	OK                  	OK                  
    37-Navigation       	OK                  	OK

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sheed44 View Post
    ok thank you I will do the MMI scan, also I don't have the owners manual so im not sure as to what all of the fuse locations stand for its open spaces in both of the rear fuel boxes haven't been able to find a diagrams with specific locations and fuse requirements.
    2nd document in this link. Also lot's of other reading material there.

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9347

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    so I did the Optical bus diagnostic and these were the results
    Check voltage supply to Media Player 1. I think this is your CD changer, but I'm not certain. If supply is all good, get an optical loop bypass gizmo (part number 4E0 973 802) and plug it in place of Media player 1 to see if your MMI will then come up.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

5. Likes victor35ma liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, the CD changer doesn't light up or even make a noise at all, and the screen is stuck in the up position and only comes with the Audi display and then cuts back off,

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Check voltage supply to Media Player 1. I think this is your CD changer, but I'm not certain. If supply is all good, get an optical loop bypass gizmo (part number 4E0 973 802) and plug it in place of Media player 1 to see if your MMI will then come up.

-Uwe-
    Thank you, the CD changer doesn't light up or even make a noise at all, and the screen is stuck in the up position and only comes with the Audi display and then cuts back off,

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    If that's dead then a used CD unit will need component protection removed to work in your car. How desperate are you to have CDs? I ask because you can swap this for the AMI unit (ipod, USB MP3's etc..) which has no CP. Essentially a 10 minute job just by dropping the glove box and switching units and using the same connections.

Here's a used AMI, if a little overpriced... I have part number 4E0035785C AMI in my A8
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/152345285646?
    Last edited by mattylondon; 01-27-2017 at 05:46 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    For the time being, add a MOST loop and bridge the media player. Then remove it from the installation list and you should be good to go. You can still install a new/used one or an aftermarket accessory later.
    Sebastian @ Ross-Tech.com // VCDS Rookie since 2003

»Nichts erweitert das eigene Wissen mehr,
    als die Meinung eines Andersdenkenden.«

10. Likes Uwe, the_duke, sheed44, victor35ma liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you need any help at all I will say ask me for sure I have been fighting this battle with the same car and now it is in great working condition. Thanks to Uwe and Golf for all the great thoughts and ideas. I will say be prepared for some hard work and long hours to get this car in perfect working condition. I know now I will never buy another Audi without having VCDS by my side lol.. Most of these issues I can help guide you through any of the process and kind of give them a little brake lol.. I will start helping with another reply so it will be easier to read for you.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like most people stated on your thread I would purchase at lease 2 Loops for your data bus it's nice to have an extra for the future but also great for running a diagnostics on the data bus. Erwin is your best friend for sure, I do have some PDF's I could share from Erwin when I purchased it Delete repeated word is expensive but much cheaper then going to the Stealers.... That is of course if that is OK with Uwe not sure if I'm allowed to share what I have from Erwin on the Thread?? Anyways for your Motor mount issue that was a problem from the start with the electronic Motor mounts and Audi created a plug special for them, I had to use a couple of them to get the codes replaced, I would just look at the mounts visually.. That is as far as I go for now until you get some progress on your data bus and I will continue to help...
    This will help// Engine
    1) Engine mount there is a plug that bypasses this DTC and if needed I can locate that part number for you tomorrow sometime.

13. Likes Uwe, sheed44 liked this post