New Hex V2 user - need some help please

Vasco Ferraz

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=288561
Assuming you didn't change any coding also means that you don't have the 0x66 address installed.

If that address is not coded in the gateway it means that the car won't communicate with it, right? Then you never had that module installed.

So, I guess the problem is pointing to the telephone module.

Depending on its version it can be relatively affordable or very costly so proceed with caution before ordering such an expensive part.

If you have electronics skills you can also try to diagnose if/why the telephone module is dead and maybe repairing it :D

mattylondon

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=219022
Looking at your RNS-E part number, 8P0 035 192 L, it has PR Code QH0 = Without voice control

But you MFSW is coded for voice control.

Did SDS work prior to that 2015 date?

Reactions: Uwe

mattylondon

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=219022
Here's your system layout. There is no speech module, so my previous post of location and 0x66 address is probably wrong. I'll add a caveat that I'm not fully mastered with the A3 (the A8 is my area), however I'll try to help!

CEhkkzX.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Uwe

Fixers

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295422
Cheers guys and yes matty sds worked.. the voice button and mode button on my mfsw both worked along with my bluetooth and then it all stopped working so maybe it is just the bluetooth module :/

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Looking at your RNS-E part number, 8P0 035 192 L, it has PR Code QH0 = Without voice control

But you MFSW is coded for voice control.

Did SDS work prior to that 2015 date?
There are 2 levels of SDS:

1) Basic SDS, which is provided by the Bluetooth module and only provides voice control of phone features.

2) Full SDS, which is provided by an SDS compatible RNS-E and provides voice control of some (not all) RNS-E functions including phone control. When this option is fitted the Bluetooth module must be coded to disable basic SDS AND the phone microphone must be wired via the RNS-E.

It would appear that you have Basic SDS, and either a coding error in the Bluetooth module or a faulty bluetooth module.

Note that J507 is only fitted when telematics are fitted - as is specified in the diagrams above.

Fixers

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295422
Cheers for that dave.. so although i have a fault code for the voice recognition module j507 under auto hvac its more than likely linked to my bluetooth module as being faulty hence why my buttons dont work and i cant seem to pick up module 77 on vcds?

Fixers

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295422
Also the part number for my bluetooth module ends in k which ive found out has faulty firmware so is there anything to stop me putting a newer module in and coding with vcds?

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Also the part number for my bluetooth module ends in k which ive found out has faulty firmware so is there anything to stop me putting a newer module in and coding with vcds?
The scan you have posted doesn't show hardware or software part numbers for the Bluetooth module at #77 and I can't answer that question without knowing that information.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Cheers for that dave.. so although i have a fault code for the voice recognition module j507 under auto hvac its more than likely linked to my bluetooth module as being faulty hence why my buttons dont work and i cant seem to pick up module 77 on vcds?
Is it possible that the auto HVAC is incorrectly coded and hence is trying to communicate with a non-existent J507? That's my suspicion.

Fixers

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295422
Thats fair enough dave i know mine ends in k because i have removed it from the passenger seat. And also i dont see how my auto hvac could be coded incorrectly has it has never been plugged in :/

Back