View Poll Results: Let This Thread Live or Shut It Down?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let it Live!

14 87.50%
  • Kill it With Fire!

2 12.50%
Page 245 of 251 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 2505

Thread: The TRUMP POTUS "Tribute" & "Tribulations" of the Politically Incorrect....!

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...wall/23639824/

Republican Senator Graham: Trump should use emergency powers to fund wall

European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    JACK, sounds authentic. I had a great mom, never missed a meal, well clothed warm and dry, but had my acc beat more than once, and I was always innocent.

Now if given a cheese sandwich at school as you have forgotten lunch or money they are offended. WOW, some times I go home after work and actually make a grill cheese sandwich, tough to beat.

When growing up, scrounge enough gas money for a 2 day camp trip after getting a substute paper route delivery guy (7 days a week 3am, 365 days a year) then the scrounge s couple loaves of bread, Coleman stove, big jar of peanut butter, and a block of cheese, we were set. Yes we bought it all with our own money from the paper route, just how life was.

Anyway, maybe could open a whole new thred on how it used to be, what say yee?

Never had Govment cheese, as the comedian stated, but in my world a brick of that I could have stayed out a whole week.

Word of wisdom______white bread absorbs brake fluid fumes in the trunk of a 53 Chevy something fierce , but grilled up, is to die for.

LARIMORE

Yeah, well when you are a kid feeding other kids, it's a tough cookie........you know I like grilled cheese more now!

Up until recently I would buy cases of food and candy just to have at all times, the junk food cabinets to die for and that were probably going to kill me, since couldn't have as a kid, but now I still buy the candy and just give it away.

Everything I ship comes with a candy bar or something!

I still over compensate.......

I much prefer earning money and buying a meal I want versus handed out but when someone sends or brings me food to work I almost end up working for free!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post

That would be a rather controversial move. I suspect that there are those who would immediately file suit to block it. In fact, I bet the suits are already drafted, and venues with friendly judges have been selected. However, I suspect it would ultimately prevail if/when it reached the SCOTUS.

Biggest problem I see with it is that it sets a precedent, that a future left-leaning President would be tempted to use in more disagreeable ways.
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    That would be a rather controversial move.
    I'm surprised he didn't do it Tuesday night. It's the expected move at this point, since it's the only face-saving way out of the corner he painted himself into.

The "deep state" judges will be his bad guys, and his base will eat it up.

In fact, I bet the suits are already drafted, and venues with friendly judges have been selected.
    Any local traffic court magistrate could give him the necessary civil education.

However, I suspect it would ultimately prevail if/when it reached the SCOTUS.
    Care to make a friendly wager?

Biggest problem I see with it is that it sets a precedent, that a future left-leaning President would be tempted to use in more disagreeable ways.
    I'm trying to unpack this statement and it's not going well:

We are discussing the spending of unknown and untold billions of your tax dollars, that he swore he wouldn't spend as a central plank of his campaign, not appropriated by Congress after two full years of his party in full control of government, to go on an eminent domain rampage to build a trivially bypassed obstacle, which most illegal immigrants will never even lay eyes on, to placate his base after voters gave him a pretty clear rebuke in November.

A Libertarian's biggest problem here is, if Trump does this thing you seem fine with, the enemy might one day go on some sort of healthcare or education rampage.

Please tell me I misunderstand. I want to be wrong.
    Silence gives consent.

Post Thanks / Like
    "Hide your kids, hide your wife, because their raping everyone up in here! "
    A famous quote......
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is the problem, and did not like Obama but he complained I will just EO this and that. It was an abuse of power and would be the same for Trump. Bypasses what the whole system was set up to be, looking more like a monarchy than a republic/democracy, which is another topic completely for UWE,s bar. Democracy is 2 wolves and a 1 sheep deciding what's for dinner, hence why the framers set up a republic.

To say that sets a precedent for future left to do what they wanted, look at the last 8 years, Syria, Libiya, won't bore you with the details, list goes on and on. EO, as I understand was meant for emergency and actually was pretty much for business in Washington, not for international applications.

Trump merely trying to fulfill a promise made, whether logical or not makes sense to go him, Dems, I.E., Schumer and Pelosi doing the same, but is pretty much a Penis measuring contest with us serfs stuck in the middle. If Trump has accomplished nothing it is to highlight how broken and divided we really are and not going to change any time soon. OBAMA stated it perfectly when asked about reaching across the isle he merely stated _____we won, end of discussion. I actually liked it, let's you know where you stand on the other side.

The right and left are astronomically divided, and I am on the right but if Kennedy, or others were to run today they would be racist right wing radical war mongers, and Trump would be a moderate. Obama and the rest would be considered something from another planet on the left right out of book by Marx.

To say that something does not need to change on the border is hard to grasp IMO, if not a wall, then something,!!! and that I hold the Dems in contempt for. Don't want a wall, submit a logical solution, seems pretty simple.

BUT NO, TRUMP DOES NOT, AND SHOULD NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO OVER RIDE THIS BROKEN INSTITUTION WE CALL CONGRESS. Leave it shut down, send them all home, come back in 2020, maybe something will change, but I doubt it!

LARIMORE

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jyoung8607 View Post
    Care to make a friendly wager?
    Doing so would be premature until Trump actually does issue an emergency proclamation.

Quote Originally Posted by jyoung8607 View Post
    Please tell me I misunderstand. I want to be wrong.
    I've always had mixed feelings about the wall thing. Philosophically, I'm all for open borders, but pragmatically, you cannot have open borders and a welfare state at the same time.
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

8. Likes PetrolDave, Larry Manton liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a spectator of the glass being half full of shit or was it half empty full of shit?

Post Thanks / Like
    Philosophically, I'm all for open borders, but pragmatically, you cannot have open borders and a welfare state at the same time.
    A problem exacerbated in Europe by people forgetting that under the UN charter refugees must seek asylum in the FIRST safe country they enter - NOT attempt to cross several safe countries and attempt to illegally enter the country they would most like to live in.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a spectator of the glass being half full of shit or was it half empty full of shit?

Remember Jack, sometimes we can make lemonade from lemons. But trust me, if you have a cup of shit, half or full, do not try to make something of it, JMO.

LARIMORE

12. Likes Uwe liked this post