View Poll Results: Let This Thread Live or Shut It Down?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let it Live!

14 87.50%
  • Kill it With Fire!

2 12.50%
Page 235 of 236 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236 LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 2358

Thread: The TRUMP POTUS "Tribute" & "Tribulations" of the Politically Incorrect....!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Just arrived:

I also pre-ordered Gorka's book ... while watching this:
    If you haven't already, consider adding Bob Woodward's book to your mix.

There's some things in there you need to know.
    Silence gives consent.

2. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe when I am done with the other two. I ordered from Amazon Smile so even though Bezos got some of my money, so did Judicial Watch.

4. Likes jyoung8607 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    And of course there's no bias at Google itself? Oh, wait...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRf9UxsM-NE
    (I'm amazed that this is actually available on YT)
    Every single person there seemed to have a negative view of the election results.

I would not take it as an insult. Although I'm philosophically opposed to imposing my views on others using the power of government, and hence refuse to vote, I do feel that I have more in common with the "Right" in America today than the "Left".
    Google employees definitely have a left-leaning bias, and that sometimes does show up with their results. The entire region they (and I--for the moment) live in is super far out there left. Kind of funny, I grew up "liberal" by Mid-West standards (Michigan), but once I got here, hol-ee cow, this is a whole other level I didn't know could exist in America to the left. I've definitely moderated what used to be lefty views and come back towards the center, but certainly by middle of the country standards I'm left-leaning. Maybe I just enjoy being contrarian to the prevailing way of thinking wherever I live, who knows.

I did have an interesting discussion with someone here to does dare call himself a Republican in California. Pretty well reasoned with why he leans that direction, some of which I even agree with. But then when he mentions a possible move to Texas, he says "I'd have to become a Democrat." Clearly, a democrat in Texas is much closer to the center than one here in California. A California Republican passes as a centrist democrat elsewhere. Pretty funny to think about, but it's true. There are certain regions that are so entrenched in a certain way of thinking that a well reasoned individual like my friend (or myself) would actually have to change parties depending on where in the country they decide to reside.

But back to the original posts being responded to here, what does Google have to do with Snopes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jyoung8607 View Post
    Are they not permitted to have an opinion? Do you feel their opinion is unjust, invalid, or lacks foundation? Do you have evidence their opinion affects their search functionality or other businesses?
    Of course they're allowed to have an opinion. But don't your find it a little startling that, in an organization as large as Alphabet, they all seem to have the more-or-less the same opinion? I wouldn't consider that to be a problem if they were a conventional company that just made regular products, but that's not what they do. Alphabet, through its various platforms, controls so much of what we see on the internet. Not just search results, but also what has become the modern ersatz for TV (Youtube), not to mention world's most popular smart-phone ecosystem. Then there's Apple, Twitter, Facebook, CNN, the NYT, WaPo, and several more, all of whom seem to have a similar bias.

As for the rest of your post: Yes, Trump has character flaws. So did Hillary, Obama, GWB, Bill, GHWB, and so on, right down the line. I have some, and I'd suppose you do too. Heck, even Jimmy Carter admitted he'd looked at women with lust in his heart.

Moving on to Kavanaugh: The entire Democratic leadership stated they'd fight whomever Trump nominated with using whatever means at their disposal before a nominee was even named. That makes it difficult for me to take their attacks against him seriously.

Then your moral compass stands apart from the Right in America today, because this is only a tiny sample of what the Right consents to and supports and enthusiastically votes for.

Consider paying the dirty commie side a visit. We're a friendly, welcoming bunch. More into personal freedom than you think. We'll even discuss responsible gun ownership. Meetings every other Tuesday, with refreshments!
    Yes, I have some issues with the "Right". But I have far more issues with the "Left". In the end, what I value most is freedom, and in the areas that are important to me personally, I think today's left is far more willing to encroach than the right.
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

7. Likes Sacha35, Bruce liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trump says climate change not a hoax, not sure of its source

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...urce/23560906/

European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...ults/23561354/

Elizabeth Warren releases DNA test results

Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

10. Likes jyoung8607 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...ults/23561354/

Elizabeth Warren releases DNA test results
    Silence gives consent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Jason,

Was that an acceptance of an old open offer & with an expiration or is that still considered enforceable and now a completed contract expectation & which awaits reciprocated consideration?

Should be interesting to see how Bill Maher reacts to this one?

I didn't see, nor recall an acceptance..........
    Above Magic!

Post Thanks / Like
    If you haven't already, consider adding Bob Woodward's book to your mix.

There's some things in there you need to know.
    I've just started reading Bob Woodward' book, after reading both David Cay Johnston's book and James Comey's book.

Taken together they do not paint a pretty picture

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone watch the whole context of this "bet"?

15. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post