The TRUMP POTUS "Tribute" & "Tribulations" of the Politically Incorrect....!

Let This Thread Live or Shut It Down?

• Let it Live!

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • Kill it With Fire!

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Yes, it could. But if his strategy is successful, it will be good for the US economy in the long run. And the risks are higher for China than for us; their economy is far more dependent on trade with the US than our economy is dependent on trade with them.

Why free traders and all Americans should back Trump on China policy

-Uwe-

Uwe: Your point about the wisdom of playing the long-game is of course always a laudable strategy, but if this particular game is to be played, then it may be prudent to also remember that other truism about needing to break a few eggs in making an omelet.

If indeed Mr Trump's objective truly is the long-term, rather than his better-known game of instant gratification, and if America and China (and the rest of the world by implication) are going to hunker-down for the long-haul, then winning the ensuing economic battle/war-really may well rely on a test of the very fabric of both country's way-of-life (including their forms of Government).

Like you, I happen to believe that democracy is the better system, but in such a battle/war-really (which I hope remains an economic one - for the sake of mankind), some fundamental aspects of your form of government might need to be considered. This is perhaps may abundantly clear by reading the comments part of the link in your reply - in which respondents raise the need for Trump to address more immediate problems at home).

As a foreigner, it would be presumptuous of me to comment on the merits for the timing of this particular battle/war-really given the state of your internal economic/political climate (both the good and the bad bits) - but does the American populous have the stomach to ride-out a prolonged (economic) war? Bearing in mind of course that normally, that same populous gets to voice-their-views (read, vent-their-spleens) every 4 years. And more importantly, bearing in mind that in China's command-and-control environment, their populous does not!

Again, the themes running through the comments parts of your link might be a poignant reminder that democratically elected governments need overwhelming societal support when starting a long term battle/war-really with another country (be it economic, military, or otherwise)

Don

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

Santos

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
RIP

m4sj900doj231.jpg

Trump baby balloon was "popped" yesterday

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490
Not a fan of Piers due to 2A but interesting interview nonetheless:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Not a fan of Piers due to 2A but interesting interview nonetheless:
Yeah, and toward the end, 2A issues are exactly where he went. "Why does anyone need...?"

Piers: It's the Bill of RIGHTS, not the Bill of NEEDS.

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Are not "Rights" needed?

Are they Rights or Privileges, God Given or geographic Governments given & change?

Let litigate this in this George Carlin video!

Mike R

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Administrator
VCDS Distributor
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=126524
Man’s Facebook post about traffic stop goes viral

So, I’m driving to my office to turn in my weekly paperwork. A headlight is out. I see a Tucson Police Department squad vehicle turn around and follow me. I’m already preparing for the stop.

The lights go on and I pull over. The officer asks me how I’m doing, and then asks if I have any weapons.

“Yes, sir. I’m a concealed carry permit holder and my weapon is located on my right hip. My wallet is in my back-right pocket.”

The officer explains for his safety and mine, he needs to disarm me for the stop. I understand, and I unlock the vehicle. I explain that I’m running a 7TS ALS holster but from the angle, the second officer can’t unholster it. Lead officer asks me to step out, and I do so slowly. Officer relieves me of my Glock and compliments the X300U I’m running on it. He also sees my military ID and I tell him I’m with the National Guard.

Lead officer points out my registration card is out of date but he knows my registration is up to date. He goes back to run my license. I know he’s got me on at least two infractions. I’m thinking of how to pay them.

Officers return with my Glock in an evidence back, locked and cleared. “Because you were cool with us and didn’t give us grief, I’m just going to leave it at a verbal warning. Get that headlight fixed as soon as possible.”

I smile. “Thank you, sir.”

I’m a black man wearing a hoodie and strapped. According to certain social movements, I shouldn’t be alive right now because the police are allegedly out to kill minorities.

Maybe…just maybe…that notion is bunk.

Maybe if you treat police officers with respect, they will do the same to you.

Police officers are people, too. By far and large, most are good people and they’re not out to get you.

I’d like to thank those two officers and TPD in general for another professional contact.

We talk so much about the bad apples who shouldn’t be wearing a badge. I’d like to spread the word about an example of men who earned their badges and exemplify what that badge stands for.

and the follow-up post to his post on Facebook:

"You acted right with the police! Have a cookie!"
"The police did their job! Give them a cookie!"

Comments like these are what necessitated this post.

I've seen many people from all walks of life, ranging from BLM types to anarcho-capitalists/sovereign citizens, thinking they can walk all over the police, then get surprised and indignant that they weren't cut slack for a minor offense.

Want to be cut slack? Show the officer some respect.

As for giving kudos to the police? The people whining about that are the same ones who will beat the horse to death when a bad cop does something wrong. They are all for highlighting the bad and ignoring the good.

That is not pro-accountability. That is anti-LE.

This post is necessary to highlight the normal, majority good to act as a balance to the hyper-scrutinization and blanket generalization of the bad

So, in short, if you're complaining about this post? Look in the mirror. You're why I posted it.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
^^^ Jack: I watched the video of Mueller's testimony (live) at the congressional hearing - it was better than a West Wing series (Aaron Sorkin couldn't have written a better script)!!

But I need your help - is it just me being a foreigner and a sceptic, or were all the questions by the elected members asked on strictly party lines? I'm confused (just being "facial", or is the word "facetious" - I don't know) :D

Mueller's performance reminded me of this (but you might be too young to remember the American eagle in the muppets):

28982-samtheeagle.png

Whether Trump was, or wasn't involved in "Russia-Gate" seems to be unimportant now. The real question appears to be his alleged obstruction of the investigation - but clearly "nothing to see here" - just "fake news"!!

Don

EDIT: Santos: sorry I missed your Pelosi video link in my reply - Let the games commence!!!!;)

Last edited:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Yup I recalled the muppets Don,

Also fiction but I enjoyed the muppets!

That's Sam Eagle

Sam would be sad that the country is so polarized now!

Back