The TRUMP POTUS "Tribute" & "Tribulations" of the Politically Incorrect....!

Let This Thread Live or Shut It Down?

• Let it Live!

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • Kill it With Fire!

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Great, now we have courts telling regulatory agencies that they MUST ban stuff. :facepalm:
Despite the mass of independent scientific evidence to the contrary a jury (who probably didn't understand the technicalities) decides based on the issues of one person to deprive the rest of us of one of the most useful pesticides currently manufactured - crazy, totally crazy!

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Despite the mass of independent scientific evidence to the contrary a jury (who probably didn't understand the technicalities) decides based on the issues of one person to deprive the rest of us of one of the most useful pesticides currently manufactured - crazy, totally crazy!
I don't think there was a jury involved in that one.

But there was here:
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/aug/10/monsanto-trial-cancer-dewayne-johnson-ruling

What I find most astonishing here is that he started the job as groundskeeper in 2012 and was diagnosed in 2014. Cancer isn't something that develops quickly after exposure to a carcinogen; it usually takes many years or even decades. But hey, it's Monsanto, so they must be guilty....

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
I don't think there was a jury involved in that one. .
The UK media reported it as a jury decision - incorrectly it seems.

Yet another example of media misreporting in the UK?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
The UK media reported it as a jury decision - incorrectly it seems.
Yet another example of media misreporting in the UK?
Yep. Going back to the article, it was a Federal Appeals Court. That's a panel of judges, not a jury. More specifically, it was the Ninth Circuit, which is one level below the US Supreme Court. It is also often referred to as the "Ninth Circus" or the "Nutty Ninth" because it has historically leaned far left in its decisions, and it seems to believe it can make law instead of just interpreting law, as seems to be happening in this case. As a result, there's quite a history of its decisions being overturned on further appeal to the Supreme Court.

One thing that puzzles me is why the Ninth thinks it can command the EPA to do anything at all outside of the nine or so western states over which their court has jurisdiction...?

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
trump-digs-coal.jpg
[h=1]TRUMP’S E.P.A. IS JUST GOING TO LET “BEAUTIFUL, CLEAN” COAL PLANTS REGULATE THEMSELVES[/h]

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Hope and Change in an Alabama Coal Mine

Everyone I spoke to for this story, whether at the mine itself or within local businesses, seemed to express sincere excitement about voting in November’s midterm elections. That they’ll vote for Republicans is largely unsurprising—it’s Alabama, after all. But their enthusiasm may signal higher-than-usual turnout for a midterm election in the region.

More at the above link.

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
My goodness, F5 O'Clock is amazing today. Goodbye Manafort and Cohen and more to follow. Great day for America.

Only question is, what stunt will Trump pull in a failed attempt to distract? Probably another pulled security clearance, but we'll see.

Santos

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
5 counts tax fraud: Guilty
2 counts bank fraud: Guilty
1 count failure to disclose foreign bank account: Guilty
10 counts: Jury unable to reach consensus

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
5 counts tax fraud: Guilty
2 counts bank fraud: Guilty
1 count failure to disclose foreign bank account: Guilty
10 counts: Jury unable to reach consensus
And none of that is related to Trump's campaign in any way.

Now Cohen, perhaps; we'll see. There might be some campaign finance violations there, but I'm not sure what paying hush money to skanky women has to do with the "Russian collusion" theory that Mueller is supposed to be investigating.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
guilty.jpg

tmg-article_tall.jpg

Indeed NostraJackASS had Jury Duty today and Jose burned the house down in the City of Newburgh & pleaded guilty last minute and forfeited the chess match!

What two others Guilty too?...........what a day!

Wow bad news bears...........The controversy....... what's next?

Pick up pie .........

Your Pie sir......

Last edited:

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
And none of that is related to Trump's campaign in any way.
Told you everything you know, Mueller has. Told you everything he knows, Mueller has not.

This is the first of this dirtbag's two trials. Not counting the mistrialed counts from today.

Mueller is not a complete moron, and has heard of (among others) Oliver North, and has not failed to notice everyone Trump has been telegraph-pardoning.

Now Cohen, perhaps; we'll see. There might be some campaign finance violations there,
So uh... that was adjudicated at 4PM today. We won't see; we already saw. Past tense.

but I'm not sure what paying hush money to skanky women has to do with the "Russian collusion" theory that Mueller is supposed to be investigating.
On the one hand, it is a seedy little distraction from the main event. Although it's funny to watch the mental gymnastics needed to object to this, while simultaneously being perfectly fine with Ken Starr's pursuit of Bill Clinton for an affair that began after his initial appointment.

On the other hand, it's always nice to shine sunlight on scumbaggery that makes the President of the United States vulnerable to blackmail. And it's also nice to have further exhaustive illustration of the content of this man's character, for whom a vote signals personal consent and endorsement.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Well I can't say I have not been entertained with these political antics & no matter the side it comes from lately.

:p

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...iction-on-all-counts-in-fraud-trial/23507701/

Manafort juror says one holdout prevented conviction on all counts in fraud trial

A juror who participated in the trial of President Donald Trump's former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, said just one holdout prevented the jury from convicting Manafort on all of the 18 federal charges he faced.
In a Fox News interview on Wednesday, Paula Duncan, a self-described Trump supporter, said the unidentified juror was not convinced that Manafort was guilty of all 18 criminal charges he faced.
The jury found Manafort guilty on eight counts, including bank fraud, tax fraud, and failure to disclose a foreign account. The judge in the case declared a mistrial on the remaining 10 charges.
"We all tried to convince her to look at the paper trail, we laid it out in front of her again and again," Duncan said of the holdout juror.
Duncan also described the room in which the jurors, some of them emotional, deliberated Manafort's case: "Crazily enough, there were even tears."

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
The Times also reports that Vice President Mike Pence is expected to attend the funeral, but not President Trump, who infamously once declared that McCain was not a war hero because he was captured.
My understanding is that McCain had explicitly requested for Trump not attend.

-Uwe-

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
My understanding is that McCain had explicitly requested for Trump not attend.
That's what has been reported on the news media in the UK too.

Back