The TRUMP POTUS "Tribute" & "Tribulations" of the Politically Incorrect....!

Let This Thread Live or Shut It Down?

• Let it Live!

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • Kill it With Fire!

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490
Maybe when I am done with the other two. I ordered from Amazon Smile so even though Bezos got some of my money, so did Judicial Watch. :)

dieseldub

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=28764
And of course there's no bias at Google itself? Oh, wait...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRf9UxsM-NE
(I'm amazed that this is actually available on YT)
Every single person there seemed to have a negative view of the election results.

I would not take it as an insult. Although I'm philosophically opposed to imposing my views on others using the power of government, and hence refuse to vote, I do feel that I have more in common with the "Right" in America today than the "Left".

Google employees definitely have a left-leaning bias, and that sometimes does show up with their results. The entire region they (and I--for the moment) live in is super far out there left. Kind of funny, I grew up "liberal" by Mid-West standards (Michigan), but once I got here, hol-ee cow, this is a whole other level I didn't know could exist in America to the left. I've definitely moderated what used to be lefty views and come back towards the center, but certainly by middle of the country standards I'm left-leaning. Maybe I just enjoy being contrarian to the prevailing way of thinking wherever I live, who knows.

I did have an interesting discussion with someone here to does dare call himself a Republican in California. Pretty well reasoned with why he leans that direction, some of which I even agree with. But then when he mentions a possible move to Texas, he says "I'd have to become a Democrat." Clearly, a democrat in Texas is much closer to the center than one here in California. A California Republican passes as a centrist democrat elsewhere. Pretty funny to think about, but it's true. There are certain regions that are so entrenched in a certain way of thinking that a well reasoned individual like my friend (or myself) would actually have to change parties depending on where in the country they decide to reside.

But back to the original posts being responded to here, what does Google have to do with Snopes?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Are they not permitted to have an opinion? Do you feel their opinion is unjust, invalid, or lacks foundation? Do you have evidence their opinion affects their search functionality or other businesses?
Of course they're allowed to have an opinion. But don't your find it a little startling that, in an organization as large as Alphabet, they all seem to have the more-or-less the same opinion? I wouldn't consider that to be a problem if they were a conventional company that just made regular products, but that's not what they do. Alphabet, through its various platforms, controls so much of what we see on the internet. Not just search results, but also what has become the modern ersatz for TV (Youtube), not to mention world's most popular smart-phone ecosystem. Then there's Apple, Twitter, Facebook, CNN, the NYT, WaPo, and several more, all of whom seem to have a similar bias.

As for the rest of your post: Yes, Trump has character flaws. So did Hillary, Obama, GWB, Bill, GHWB, and so on, right down the line. I have some, and I'd suppose you do too. Heck, even Jimmy Carter admitted he'd looked at women with lust in his heart. :D

Moving on to Kavanaugh: The entire Democratic leadership stated they'd fight whomever Trump nominated with using whatever means at their disposal before a nominee was even named. That makes it difficult for me to take their attacks against him seriously.

Then your moral compass stands apart from the Right in America today, because this is only a tiny sample of what the Right consents to and supports and enthusiastically votes for.

Consider paying the dirty commie side a visit. We're a friendly, welcoming bunch. More into personal freedom than you think. We'll even discuss responsible gun ownership. Meetings every other Tuesday, with refreshments! :D
Yes, I have some issues with the "Right". But I have far more issues with the "Left". In the end, what I value most is freedom, and in the areas that are important to me personally, I think today's left is far more willing to encroach than the right.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
[h=1]Trump says climate change not a hoax, not sure of its source[/h]
https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...e-not-a-hoax-not-sure-of-its-source/23560906/

Dm6_g4xXsAEW3u_.jpg

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Hey Jason,

Was that an acceptance of an old open offer & with an expiration or is that still considered enforceable and now a completed contract expectation & which awaits reciprocated consideration?

:rolleyes:

Should be interesting to see how Bill Maher reacts to this one?

I didn't see, nor recall an acceptance..........

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
If you haven't already, consider adding Bob Woodward's book to your mix.

There's some things in there you need to know.
I've just started reading Bob Woodward' book, after reading both David Cay Johnston's book and James Comey's book.

Taken together they do not paint a pretty picture :facepalm:

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490
Anyone watch the whole context of this "bet"?

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Talk about putting money where the mouth is.

Trump tops $100 million raised for his 2020 re-election campaign

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...d-for-his-2020-re-election-campaign/23563082/

WASHINGTON — President Trump has raised more than $100 million toward his re-election bid, a staggering sum more than two years before the 2020 presidential campaign.
The president's fundraising total, which includes his official campaign and two other joint accounts, raised about $18 million between July and September. That brings his fundraising total since January 2017 above the $100 million mark. And he closed September with almost $47 million in the bank.
The latest numbers, filed with the Federal Election Commission on Monday's quarterly fundraising deadline, provide a new glimpse as to how Trump is stockpiling money for his re-election at a historic rate and how he's choosing to spend that money.
Trump's fundraising bonanza has been boosted significantly by small-dollar donations, with his campaign committee having raised a majority of its funds from donations of less than $200.
But he's also wooing large donors through his joint fundraising committees, which are set up primarily to take in donations that can be split across multiple accounts. Venture capitalist Peter Thiel cut one of those campaigns a $250,000 check, for example.
Trump's campaign spent $7.7 million over the last three months, including more than $1.5 million on legal expenses and about $1.6 million on advertising with a group called American Made Media Consultants.
The New York Times reported that the company is the brainchild of Trump campaign aides and is being used to purchase advertising for the campaign.
The campaign also donated $2,000 to 107 separate Republican candidates across the country.
Trump has made no secret about his campaign's aggressive effort to prepare for re-election — he filed paperwork for his re-election on the day of his inauguration and he's taken aggressive aim at potential Democratic opponents on the stump.
But having such a robust re-election effort less than two years into a presidency is rare.
By this point in President Obama's first term, through September of 2010, the then-president hadn't kicked off his re-election fundraising yet and had just $2.3 million in his bank account.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
[h=1]https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/10/17/pocahontas-descendant-elizabeth-warren-should-apologize-for-native-american-ancestry-claims/23563686/

Pocahontas descendant: Elizabeth Warren should 'apologize' for Native American ancestry claims[/h]

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
[h=1]No matter the political side the news agencies benefit from the controversy, no?

Trump threatens to order military to 'close our southern border' over immigration[/h]https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/10/18/trump-threatens-to-order-military-to-close-our-southern-border-over-immigration/23564961/

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490
Interesting analysis:

http://www.ncsl.org/research/about-state-legislatures/partisan-composition.aspx

Trump's win (with the GOP taking/retaining House and Senate in 2016) looks to be part of an overall movement in this country toward the GOP over time.

It will be interesting to see if this composition changes after the election in 2 weeks. Currently in the US House, the GOP trails by 5 compared to the DEMs meaning the GOP would need to get 18 of the 30 toss-ups (60%) to retain the House:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2018/house/2018_elections_house_map.html

An uphill battle for sure but one that seems doable since most of the toss-up seats are in districts that voted for Trump over Hillary (last time I checked).

Bettors seem to be favoring DEMs 65 to 55 when I added up the numbers:

https://www.predictit.org/markets/d...e-seats-will-the-GOP-hold-after-2018-midterms

Reactions: Uwe
Back