ABS Long coding on a 2013 caddy 2K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lionel

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC400674 (how?)
Hello everyone,

Upon programming a new key to a 2013 VW CADDY 2K, the ABS module lost its long coding and reverted to zeros.

Fortunately, I have its original long coding. My problem is that the module won't accept it : when I try to reprogram it with vagcom 12.12, I am getting the error 31 request out of range message.

Does one need a special security access code to program an ABS module from scratch ?

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Lionel, in Reunion Island.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
What tool did you use to program a key to this car?

Did you make and save an Auto-Scan from this car before you assaulted it with that other tool? If so, please post it.

-Uwe-

Lionel

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC400674 (how?)
Hello Uwe,

The tool I use is not the point. It's weekly updated and I've been using it on a regular basis for the last five years without any issue at all.
Basically, I read the eeprom immo file, reprogram a new megamos 48 with the car's component security, add this new transponder to the immo file and write back the immo file into the dashboard.
Car starts fine with the new key and its original keys.

My question is "Does one need a special security access code to program an ABS module from scratch ?"

What tool did you use to program a key to this car?

Did you make and save an Auto-Scan from this car before you assaulted it with that other tool? If so, please post it.

-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
The tool I use is not the point.
Actually it is, because it messed up another, unrelated system in the car, and people should be aware that this can happen with certain tools.

My question is "Does one need a special security access code to program an ABS module from scratch ?"
And people supposed to know exactly what ABS module is in that car how?

-Uwe-

Lionel

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC400674 (how?)
ABS module is 1K0907379BK.
Yes, I can't deny that something interfered in the process. I did report it to the after sales dept and they are investigating.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
If you're not willing to post an Auto-Scan from VCDS, you may be in the wrong forum. ;)

-Uwe-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back