Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: How to code out/remove air bag control module

  1. #1
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like

    How to code out/remove air bag control module

    Hi everyone,

    Merry 2017 and all that

    I need some help - I have a Skoda Fabia which is running a 1.8t engine, ECU etc from a Seat Ibiza. The car is a track toy more than anything, and weighs around 1080kg. There are no airbags and the air bag control module has been removed.

    On a VCDS scan I have the following;

    18017 - Crash Shut-Down Activated
    P1609 - 35-00

    Is it possible with VCDS or who can I speak to to be able to disable/remove the control module so the car knows it doesn't have any airbags/airbag controller?

    **I know you can disable individual air bags, but I need to disable the control module**

    Thank you in advance

  2. #2
    Benevolent Dictator Uwe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    23,414
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1
    Something here doesn't make sense. First you say, "the air bag control module has been removed." Then, "I need to disable the control module".

    Please shed some light on the configuration you have here by posting a complete Auto-Scan.

    -Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

  3. #3
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Something here doesn't make sense. First you say, "the air bag control module has been removed." Then, "I need to disable the control module".

    Please shed some light on the configuration you have here by posting a complete Auto-Scan.

    -Uwe-
    Was just busy doing a scan to post There is physically no airbags and no airbag control module in the car.

    Code:
    Tuesday,10,January,2017,21:51:11:10549
    VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 10 x64
    VCDS Version: 17.1.0.0 (x64)
    Data version: 20170106 DS267.0
    www.Ross-Tech.com
    
    
    VIN: TMBND46Y354216309   License Plate: 
    
    
    Chassis Type: 6Y (6L - Seat Ibiza/Cordoba (2002 > 2009))
    Scan: 01 02 03 08 09 15 17 19 25 37 44 46 55 56
     
    VIN: TMBND46Y354216309   Mileage: 149170km-92689miles
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 01: Engine        Labels: None
       Part No: 06A 906 032 QN
       Component: 1.8I R4/5VT         0020  
       Coding: 11500
       Shop #: WSC 33278  
       VCID: 7AFBC81D66F66C9181-5140
       VSSZZZ6LZ6R093968     SEZ7Z0E3245771
    
    2 Faults Found:
    18017 - Crash Shut-Down Activated 
                P1609 - 35-00 - 
    18043 - Powertrain Data Bus 
                P1635 - 35-00 - Missing Message from A/C Controller
    Readiness: 0000 0000
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 03: ABS Brakes        Labels: 6R0-907-37x-ASR80.lbl
       Part No SW: 6Q0 907 379 AG    HW: 6Q0 907 379 AG
       Component: MABS 8.0 front  H04 0002  
       Revision: 00000000    Serial number: 00000000000000
       Coding: 0002229
       Shop #: WSC 06403 785 00200
       VCID: 020BB0FD5E262451D9-5124
    
    2 Faults Found:
    01314 - Engine Control Module 
                000 -  -  - Intermittent
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 00100000
                        Fault Priority: 2
                        Fault Frequency: 1
                        Reset counter: 234
                        Mileage: 149176 km
                        Time Indication: 0
    
    18055 - Check Coding of ECUs on Powertrain Data Bus 
                P1647 - 000 - 
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 01100000
                        Fault Priority: 2
                        Fault Frequency: 1
                        Reset counter: 194
                        Mileage: 149176 km
                        Time Indication: 0
    
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 09: Cent. Elect.        Labels: 6Qx-937-049-C.lbl
       Part No: 6Q1 937 049 D
       Component: 0000 BN-SG.         1S34  
       Coding: 16520
       Shop #: WSC 06402  
       VCID: 3C770E052C4292A1D3-5124
    
    1 Fault Found:
    00969 - Fuse for Heated Rear Window (S41) 
                37-00 - Faulty
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 17: Instruments        Labels: 6Y0-920-xx0-17.lbl
       Part No: 6Y0 920 981 B
       Component: KOMBI+WEGFAHRSP VDO V02  
       Coding: 00401
       Shop #: WSC 13765  
       VCID: 3E73040D3A5E80B1FD-5124
       TMBND46Y354216309     SKZ7Z0D2602261
    
    2 Faults Found:
    01128 - Immobilizer Pickup Coil (D2) 
                35-00 -  - 
    01176 - Key 
                07-00 - Signal too Low
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 19: CAN Gateway        Labels: 6N0-909-901-19.lbl
       Part No: 6N0 909 901 
       Component: 006A GATEWAY CAN    1S34  
       Coding: 00010
       Shop #: WSC 12345  
       VCID: 70EFEA35308A26C13F-5140
    
    No fault code found.
    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 44: Steering Assist        Labels: 6Q0-423-156.clb
       Part No: 6Q0 423 156 M
       Component: LenkhilfeTRW        V210  
       Coding: 00121
       Shop #: WSC 13765  
       VCID: 397917112370A789C8-5140
    
    No fault code found.
    
    End-------------------------(Elapsed Time: 03:41)--------------------------

  4. #4
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    746
    Post Thanks / Like

  5. #5
    Benevolent Dictator Uwe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    23,414
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1
    Give the above a try, but I'm skeptical (note that Readiness is already showing all "pass"). I suspect the the ECU software isn't likely to accept the lack of an airbag since airbags were not optional.

    -Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

  6. Likes Jetta ,97 liked this post
  7. #6
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you both.
    Trying that procedure but security access is greyed out. Do I need to log in first and if so any idea what the code is?

  8. #7
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    746
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Give the above a try, but I'm skeptical (note that Readiness is already showing all "pass"). I suspect the the ECU software isn't likely to accept the lack of an airbag since airbags were not optional.

    -Uwe-
    I guess this ECU already has modified software. At least "immo off". So by my opinion there are 3 things to try:
    - just clear codes and try to go through readiness setting procedure,
    - connect airbag module to Powertrain CAN line, and then do the process above, after removal of 18017 fault code disconnect airbag module;
    - find a chiptuner who is able to modify original sw of ecu to remove airbag and and ac.

  9. #8
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    746
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 200tgreg View Post
    Thank you both.
    Trying that procedure but security access is greyed out. Do I need to log in first and if so any idea what the code is?
    You do not need security access for "Set readiness" process, you need to run several basic settings in several channels in correct sequence. Unfortunately there is no label file for this particular ECU in VCDS at the moment. So VCDS will not guide You how to do the "Set readiness" process. You have to wait for RT team to release label file for this ECU or try with some another diagnostic equipment. You can help RT team in process of creating new label files by sending adaption and MVB channel maps from Your ECU together with autoscan to support@ross-tech.com

  10. Likes Uwe, Dana liked this post
  11. #9
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinsX View Post
    I guess this ECU already has modified software. At least "immo off". So by my opinion there are 3 things to try:
    - just clear codes and try to go through readiness setting procedure,
    - connect airbag module to Powertrain CAN line, and then do the process above, after removal of 18017 fault code disconnect airbag module;
    - find a chiptuner who is able to modify original sw of ecu to remove airbag and and ac.
    Yes, currently running a stage 1 map with immo disabled. Have you got a link to the Set Readiness procedure at all? (Sorry if that's a dumb question, still learning!)

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinsX View Post
    You do not need security access for "Set readiness" process, you need to run several basic settings in several channels in correct sequence. Unfortunately there is no label file for this particular ECU in VCDS at the moment. So VCDS will not guide You how to do the "Set readiness" process. You have to wait for RT team to release label file for this ECU or try with some another diagnostic equipment. You can help RT team in process of creating new label files by sending adaption and MVB channel maps from Your ECU together with autoscan to support@ross-tech.com
    I don't mind helping out, are there any instructions anywhere on what the RT team will need and how I get that info? If not, I will email and enquire.

    Thanks again

  12. #10
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    746
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does this ECU came together with Your engine? What are engine code letters? (We can't get any info about your engine from VIN because engine is fitted from another car).
    Setting Readiness in general means to run several built-in tests, in engine electronics, mainly exhaust/ecology related. Each specific engine may have slightly different readiness sequence. Even engines with the same code letters but different ECU sw versions may have slightly different readiness sequence. If original software is modified (chiptuning), it may not be possible to run readiness tests at all.

  13. Likes Uwe liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •