Thread: 17.1 update made my VCDS hex-net unusable

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

17.1 update made my VCDS hex-net unusable

Hello

I made a big mistake when I boughty this new hex-net interface last year, from the day one I had it, I only have problems with it. The wifi function is not reliable,even in USB it's doesn't work as good as my old one, anyway it could be used till this day,then I updated to 17.1.....

I'm getting when I use gateway installation list function,this function require a licensed interface.

What should I do now? This interface is unusable now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    What does the About Screen in VCDS say?

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uwe we are having a problem with firmware update that we tried to update this morning. We keep getting error code 2. It gets part of the way then loses connection. The update is legacy firmware update. We've restarted a dozen times. Mechanic says it still shows old firmware version right now. Since our last problem when it wiped out the interface, we are scared to continue the update.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rick mann View Post
    Uwe we are having a problem with firmware update that we tried to update this morning. We keep getting error code 2. It gets part of the way then loses connection. The update is legacy firmware update. We've restarted a dozen times. Mechanic says it still shows old firmware version right now. Since our last problem when it wiped out the interface, we are scared to continue the update.
    What are you using to update? The preferred method is shown in the second video of this post.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

firmware update

we updated our usb driver on this new computer and it went through.

rick

6. Likes Uwe, Dana liked this post