17.1 update made my VCDS hex-net unusable

Aitrui

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=277621
Hello

I made a big mistake when I boughty this new hex-net interface last year, from the day one I had it, I only have problems with it. The wifi function is not reliable,even in USB it's doesn't work as good as my old one, anyway it could be used till this day,then I updated to 17.1.....

I'm getting when I use gateway installation list function,this function require a licensed interface.

What should I do now? This interface is unusable now.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
What does the About Screen in VCDS say?

-Uwe-

rick mann

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25825
Uwe we are having a problem with firmware update that we tried to update this morning. We keep getting error code 2. It gets part of the way then loses connection. The update is legacy firmware update. We've restarted a dozen times. Mechanic says it still shows old firmware version right now. Since our last problem when it wiped out the interface, we are scared to continue the update.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Uwe we are having a problem with firmware update that we tried to update this morning. We keep getting error code 2. It gets part of the way then loses connection. The update is legacy firmware update. We've restarted a dozen times. Mechanic says it still shows old firmware version right now. Since our last problem when it wiped out the interface, we are scared to continue the update.
What are you using to update? The preferred method is shown in the second video of this post.

-Uwe-

rick mann

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25825
firmware update

we updated our usb driver on this new computer and it went through.

rick

Back