VCDS Capability on a 2014 Jetta

Status
Not open for further replies.

atheaos

Reaction score
Hello All! I have a 2014 Jetta SE and from all I've read it seems VCDS should work well. What I'm wondering specifically however, is about the capability of disabling the honk when locking the doors. I've read about several people doing it on the 2012 models, but I've seen some reports that it is gone in 2013 and some that it is still there, and nothing about 2014. Can anyone confirm or deny? Can I disable the beep on a 2014 Jetta using VCDS? Thanks for your help!

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
Let's understand the issue.... it's not a VCDS issue. It is a control module design issue. If the engineers have removed the ability to turn this on/off, then VCDS cannot do so.

Based on what I see in the Ross-Tech Wiki for this car, it seems that the horn acknowledge can still be controlled: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/VW_Jetta_(16/AJ)_Tweaks

Maybe others have more information?

atheaos

Reaction score
Thanks Bruce. I guess I'm going to have to just buy and see. I'll report back.

atheaos

Reaction score
2014 Jetta SE does still offer the option to turn off the lock beep, but I had to do some serious googling to find it. It's probably just my inexperience with VCDS, but my purchase was rewarded. Now I am excited to go through the hundred(s) of options and hack my car. This might not be good for my free time. :)

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
Yeah, it seems every time we buy something to "help" us, we loose another piece of "us" to the time it takes to learn. And what do we have in a finite measure? Time. Each of us only gets so much time in this world.

Glad you found your answer and were able to use your new tool to affect a change. Good luck with all you hope to do with your car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back