Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: VIN-Limited Interface FAQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    VCDS will talk to most every module in that Crafter, but we don't have much in the way of documentation for those modules that are from MBZ rather than VAG.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Unverified
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

I'm from Brazil, i'm looking for buy Hex-V2 interface, but i have one question about language. The cable runs other languages like ENG and PTT or need specific cable for each software languages ?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    The cable isn't specific to any language, just install the desired language version of the VCDS software - but when posting here always use the English version (which can co-exist with other language versions of VCDS on the same PC).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    The cable isn't specific to any language, just install the desired language version of the VCDS software - but when posting here always use the English version (which can co-exist with other language versions of VCDS on the same PC).
    That's not quite correct. They are all licensed for English. However, only cables sold by the distributor for another language (who makes the translation into that language) are licensed for another language like Portuguese. Thus a cable purchased from a RT directly in the US or from a UK distributor will not will not work with the Portuguese (or any other translation such as German). However, a cable purchased from any distributor will work with the standard English version.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

5. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Unverified
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    That's not quite correct. They are all licensed for English. However, only cables sold by the distributor for another language (who makes the translation into that language) are licensed for another language like Portuguese. Thus a cable purchased from a RT directly in the US or from a UK distributor will not will not work with the Portuguese (or any other translation such as German). However, a cable purchased from any distributor will work with the standard English version.

-Uwe-
    Understood. Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Thanks for the correction - as I only use cables purchased direct from Ross-Tech I assumed (oh dear!)....

8. Likes Uwe liked this post
    New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I have a question about upgrading.

Is there an option to go from 3 VIN up to unlimited VIN, or is it only one time upgrade from 3 to 10 or 10 to unlimited?
    I plan to use it on just my car, but I have a suspicion that as soon as I reprogram auto start/stop function on my car, then all my friends, colleagues and their grandmothers will want me to do the same on their VW/Audi. So it's just about future proofing of the equipment I guess.

Also is upgrading just an online transaction and registration?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmasbeer View Post
    Hi, I have a question about upgrading.
    Is there an option to go from 3 VIN up to unlimited VIN, or is it only one time upgrade from 3 to 10 or 10 to unlimited?
    If you wish to go directly from 3-VIN to Unlimited, change the Quantity to 2 on this page before you [Add to cart]:
    https://store.ross-tech.com/shop/upVIN

Quote Originally Posted by Xmasbeer View Post
    Also is upgrading just an online transaction and registration?
    Correct, it is an on-line transaction. But it is not automated; it must be processed by a human being, please so allow at least a full business day. You will be e-mailed a Feature Code that must be entered into VCIConfig while your interface is plugged into your computer and your computer is on-line and can talk to our server.

-Uwe-

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the information. That was the last bit of uncertainty cleared up. Looking forward to my Hex V2 now.

12. Likes Boki Ar liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Uwe,

Probably seems like a stupid question, but I need clarification please.

I am purchasing a Audi 2017 Q7 4M platform.
    I understand that there is at least one module that my old HEX-USB-CAN interface will not support.
    I have decided to purchase a newer interface because of this.
    My question, Does the HEX-V2-USB interface have the same capability as the HEX-NET apart from the Wi-Fi and Mobile app functions.
    It's just that I don't want to spend the extra 125 ( UK ) for the HEX-NET if its just for functions I will never use. I'm quite happy plugging into my laptop!
    Like wise I don't want to save 125 just to find that I still cannot talk to my new car.

Thanks

Apologies if this is completely in the wrong post but I don't know how to move it.
    Last edited by jagpurr; 11-20-2018 at 08:35 AM.