VIN-Limited Interface FAQ

fin reaper

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=399146
Question on Hex-V2 - 3 vin to 10 vin upgrade. When I upgrade, will the new vins be added to my current cable, or will a new cable be sent? Will the upgrade give me 10 new vin slots, or 7 + 3 from my existing cable? Thx

81llyh

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=155229
Hi guys, I’ve upgraded the vin to unlimited, anyone know how long it takes to process the order?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Hi guys, I’ve upgraded the vin to unlimited, anyone know how long it takes to process the order?
The page you presumably order from states:

Orders for Vin-Upgrade are processed during normal business hours only.
All orders are processed on a first-in, first-out basis. A Feature Code cannot be issued until after your order has been reviewed by a human being during normal business hours. Assuming the information and the serial number you provide in this order is correct and verifiable, your Feature Code should be sent to you via e-mail no later than the end of the next business day. Please Note: “end of day” can be late in the evening.

Note that today is Labor Day, one of the few major Holidays in the USA that the Ross-Tech office is closed for.

-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
why is it called Labor Day if no one works ? :)
For the same reason that we park on a driveway and drive on a parkway. ;)

-Uwe-

PS: What do you mean "no one works"? What do you call what I'm doing here right now? :p

Last edited:

81llyh

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=155229
The page you presumably order from states:

Orders for Vin-Upgrade are processed during normal business hours only.
All orders are processed on a first-in, first-out basis. A Feature Code cannot be issued until after your order has been reviewed by a human being during normal business hours. Assuming the information and the serial number you provide in this order is correct and verifiable, your Feature Code should be sent to you via e-mail no later than the end of the next business day. Please Note: “end of day” can be late in the evening.

Note that today is Labor Day, one of the few major Holidays in the USA that the Ross-Tech office is closed for.

-Uwe-
Oh that explains why my order hasn’t processed yet. Thanks!

BigShoots

Reaction score
I see this comparison page it shows the HEX-V2 limited 10 Vin can no longer be upgraded to Unlimited Vins? Is that correct now?

Am I reading this correctly even though a while back in this thread it states V2 can be upgraded to UNLIMITED VINs?

Just trying to determine if the HEX-NET is worth the extra ~$150 or not for the 10 VINs. Thank you.

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I see this comparison page it shows the HEX-V2 limited 10 Vin can no longer be upgraded to Unlimited Vins? Is that correct now?
Ross-Tech: Interfaces
What? Where do you see that? A 10-VIN HEX-V2 definitely can be upgraded to Unlimited, you just can't get an Unlimited VIN license at the time of purchase directly from Ross-Tech.

-Uwe-

BigShoots

Reaction score
What? Where do you see that? A 10-VIN HEX-V2 definitely can be upgraded to Unlimited, you just can't get an Unlimited VIN license at the time of purchase directly from Ross-Tech.

-Uwe-
Ah, got it, Thank you Uwe.

I saw The "NO" in RED on the Ross-Tech: Interfaces page which confused me thinking the 10 Vin HEX-V2 wasn't UPGRADEABLE to unlimited in looking at the table. The "NO" just means You can't purchase it directly that way.

Suggestion, It might make it more clear to either add a row at the bottom of that table to say "Unlimited VIN Upgradeable?" with a YES, OR change the "No" in the existing row to "No, but upgradeable".

-Bigshoots-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Hmm, the page does say,
All VIN-Limited (enthusiast) interfaces are upgradable. 3-VIN to 10-VIN or 10-VIN to Unlimited at a cost of $169.

-Uwe-

shakir

Reaction score
hi
i try to buy hex-v2 is not show me vin unlimited only 3 vin or 10 vin how i can buy unlimited vin
i cannt add product to cart if i dont choose 3 vin or 10 vin ?
mvh
shakir

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
i try to buy hex-v2 is not show me vin unlimited only 3 vin or 10 vin
Ross-Tech only sells HEX-V2s with 3-VIN or 10-VIN licenses. Some of our distributors overseas sell them with Unlimited VIN licenses.

Since you are in Sweden, look here:

-Uwe-

New2Tregs

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=374137
Quick question.
Can one do an auto-scan and save that auto-scan as a file if you decline on registering the VIN of the vehicle you are scanning> Thanks.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Can one do an auto-scan and save that auto-scan as a file if you decline on registering the VIN of the vehicle you are scanning>
Yes.

-Uwe-

Back