Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 59 of 59

Thread: VIN-Limited Interface FAQ

  1. #51
    Benevolent Dictator Uwe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    19,616
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1
    VCDS will talk to most every module in that Crafter, but we don't have much in the way of documentation for those modules that are from MBZ rather than VAG.

    -Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

  2. #52
    Unverified
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

    I'm from Brazil, i'm looking for buy Hex-V2 interface, but i have one question about language. The cable runs other languages like ENG and PTT or need specific cable for each software languages ?

    Thanks

  3. #53
    Verified VCDS User PetrolDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South Molton, UK
    Posts
    1,290
    Post Thanks / Like
    The cable isn't specific to any language, just install the desired language version of the VCDS software - but when posting here always use the English version (which can co-exist with other language versions of VCDS on the same PC).

  4. #54
    Benevolent Dictator Uwe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    19,616
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    The cable isn't specific to any language, just install the desired language version of the VCDS software - but when posting here always use the English version (which can co-exist with other language versions of VCDS on the same PC).
    That's not quite correct. They are all licensed for English. However, only cables sold by the distributor for another language (who makes the translation into that language) are licensed for another language like Portuguese. Thus a cable purchased from a RT directly in the US or from a UK distributor will not will not work with the Portuguese (or any other translation such as German). However, a cable purchased from any distributor will work with the standard English version.

    -Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

  5. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
  6. #55
    Unverified
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    That's not quite correct. They are all licensed for English. However, only cables sold by the distributor for another language (who makes the translation into that language) are licensed for another language like Portuguese. Thus a cable purchased from a RT directly in the US or from a UK distributor will not will not work with the Portuguese (or any other translation such as German). However, a cable purchased from any distributor will work with the standard English version.

    -Uwe-
    Understood. Thank you!

  7. #56
    Verified VCDS User PetrolDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South Molton, UK
    Posts
    1,290
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    That's not quite correct. They are all licensed for English. However, only cables sold by the distributor for another language (who makes the translation into that language) are licensed for another language like Portuguese. Thus a cable purchased from a RT directly in the US or from a UK distributor will not will not work with the Portuguese (or any other translation such as German). However, a cable purchased from any distributor will work with the standard English version.
    Thanks for the correction - as I only use cables purchased direct from Ross-Tech I assumed (oh dear!)....

  8. Likes Uwe liked this post
  9. #57
    New User
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I have a question about upgrading.

    Is there an option to go from 3 VIN up to unlimited VIN, or is it only one time upgrade from 3 to 10 or 10 to unlimited?
    I plan to use it on just my car, but I have a suspicion that as soon as I reprogram auto start/stop function on my car, then all my friends, colleagues and their grandmothers will want me to do the same on their VW/Audi. So it's just about future proofing of the equipment I guess.

    Also is upgrading just an online transaction and registration?

  10. #58
    Benevolent Dictator Uwe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    19,616
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmasbeer View Post
    Hi, I have a question about upgrading.
    Is there an option to go from 3 VIN up to unlimited VIN, or is it only one time upgrade from 3 to 10 or 10 to unlimited?
    If you wish to go directly from 3-VIN to Unlimited, change the Quantity to 2 on this page before you [Add to cart]:
    https://store.ross-tech.com/shop/upVIN

    Quote Originally Posted by Xmasbeer View Post
    Also is upgrading just an online transaction and registration?
    Correct, it is an on-line transaction. But it is not automated; it must be processed by a human being, please so allow at least a full business day. You will be e-mailed a Feature Code that must be entered into VCIConfig while your interface is plugged into your computer and your computer is on-line and can talk to our server.

    -Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

  11. #59
    New User
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the information. That was the last bit of uncertainty cleared up. Looking forward to my Hex V2 now.

  12. Likes Boki Ar liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •