Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VCDS 17.1 licencing issues on legitimate HEX_USB_CAN cable ...

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all, I'm new here. Also got the "Sorry you need a licensed interface" error on HEX-V2 and 17.1. Machine is a new Windows 10 laptop. I didn't try exiting and re-starting the program and will give that a shot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amasow View Post
    Hi all, I'm new here. Also got the "Sorry you need a licensed interface" error on HEX-V2 and 17.1. Machine is a new Windows 10 laptop. I didn't try exiting and re-starting the program and will give that a shot.
    Which 17.1 are you using? 17.1.0, or the new (just a few hours old) 17.1.1 that's linked in the post above yours?

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    I installed the new 17.1 a couple of days ago and I tried it yesterday and it works ok. I have Avast Pro running all the time and that doesn't cause any problems when installing.
    I've just downloaded and installed the new 17.1.1. I forgot to say yesterday when you click on About the Serial Number says Please test on a car to see serial number as it did a couple of days ago and the serial number shows. On all previous updates if you click on About the serial number shows without connecting to a vehicle.

I still have the old VCDS Beta 16.7.0 installed and you can't use it as it says there is a new 17.1.1 available. The serial number still shows in About.
    I may as well uninstall the Beta. I know you want to stop the pirate cables and software but I did find the Beta useful when the main version wouldn't work correctly.

Is this another silly feature of the new software?
    New User Keith

2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    I've just downloaded and installed the new 17.1.1. I forgot to say yesterday when you click on About the Serial Number says Please test on a car to see serial number as it did a couple of days ago and the serial number shows. On all previous updates if you click on About the serial number shows without connecting to a vehicle.
    This change is intentional. Go test it on a vehicle.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    17.1.1 is now available on our Download Page.

We believe this should fix the problem.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    So it's been a whole day since we posted this now.

Have all you fine folks who were having this problem died and gone to heaven?

Has not one of you tried it?

-Uwe-

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still having problems with auto scans hanging on DTCs with 17.1.1 Uwe.

7. Likes Dana liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Now I have ...

So it's been a whole day since we posted this now.

Have all you fine folks who were having this problem died and gone to heaven?

Has not one of you tried it?

-Uwe-
    We're not all running on a Pennsylvania timezone

Saw your new code at bedtime and decided I'd wait until this morning so that I could dig all the snow off my car.

Tested the new code - 17.1.1. - with many functions [Gateway list, Autoscan, SRI Read, Optical test, DTC clear, Measuring Blocks] on the same T60 laptop and had no problems at all. New code looks good to me ...

Julian

9. Likes Boki Ar, Andy, Dana, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IsDon View Post
    That's a different issue. One we've not yet been able to reproduce.

-Uwe-

11. Likes aus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IsDon View Post
    That's a different issue. One we've not yet been able to reproduce.
    I just replied here. We can test on a 2012 (4G) A6 but the scan from your car and alternative PC results (perhaps in your thread) would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dana

13. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Same here, so far happened only once while I was browsing through regular measuring blocks. When I was trying to go above 25 block I got message about not licensed interface - restart did help.