Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VCDS 17.1 licencing issues on legitimate HEX_USB_CAN cable ...

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had this twice today also.
    Once on a Mk6 Golf and then on my Passat.
    In both cases just closed and reopened VCDS but there does seem to be a new issue.

Have never seen an issue in any previous versions.

PC is running Win7 Enterprise 64bit with 8GB RAM and a Core i7-2640M.

Happy to provide any additional information that may assist.
    AV is McAfee Enterprise 8.8
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|Discover Media
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|Full colour MFD|Quad LED tail rings| Climatronics upgrade| Dynaudio retrofit | B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|TPMS Direct|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist

Post Thanks / Like
    @TBAx, you've installed VCDS to C:\Program Files (x86)\VCDS-DRV which is not a suitable location. Please uninstall the software and re-install it to the default location (C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS-DRV), then check again and see if that makes a difference.
    Sebastian @ Ross-Tech.com // VCDS Rookie since 2003

»Nichts erweitert das eigene Wissen mehr,
    als die Meinung eines Andersdenkenden.«

3. Likes Dana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian View Post
    @TBAx, you've installed VCDS to C:\Program Files (x86)\VCDS-DRV which is not a suitable location. Please uninstall the software and re-install it to the default location (C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS-DRV), then check again and see if that makes a difference.
    The default location on my old Vista 32bit,Windows 7 32bit and Windows 10 when I tried it out, has always been C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS. I don't know where you get C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS-DRV as the default location Sebastian. The Beta versions go in C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS-Beta.

I installed the new 17.1 a couple of days ago and I tried it yesterday and it works ok. I have Avast Pro running all the time and that doesn't cause any problems when installing.
    New User Keith

2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

5. Likes welshkaiboy liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    It does appear to be random/intermittent.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the same problem:

Last edited by Dana; 01-10-2017 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Tweaked photo link

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    The default location on my old Vista 32bit,Windows 7 32bit and Windows 10 when I tried it out, has always been C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS. I don't know where you get C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS-DRV as the default location Sebastian. The Beta versions go in C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS-Beta.
    C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS is the default location for English but Sebastian was replying to a customer using a DRV Release (German VCDS) which uses the C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS-DRV location.

9. Likes Viking liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian View Post
    Dear Sebastian, as already posted in the german VCDS forum, changing the directory (via uninstall + reinstall) does not fix the problem. However there are many people with the standard installation directory that still get the problem, so I moved back to Program Files and fixed the ADS and priviliges for VCDS to work.

However previous version _did not_ have this issue beside being installed in the Program Files directory. But I guess that fact will still be ignored...

Post Thanks / Like
    We believe this exact issue was duplicated successfully and the guys will be working on it tomorrow. We will update this thread with further information and thanks for reporting the issues!

12. Likes MartinsX, Uwe, Eric, welshkaiboy, TBAx, kamold, aus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're pretty sure we have it fixed now. This was introduced with translated 16.8.4 versions (enhanced info in About screen) and was due to the possibility of fetching values outside of an array's size in memory. Sorry about that; fixed builds should be up shortly.
    You ain't metal till you got a clutch pedal

14. Likes Uwe, Dana, Andy, welshkaiboy, kamold liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    17.1.1 is now available on our Download Page.

We believe this should fix the problem.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

16. Likes Eric, kamold, Boki Ar, aus liked this post