Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: HEX-V2 Product Announcement / Introduction

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    hello iam about to get this tool but i need to know if its support audi tt 2016 8s

thanks

please reply asap

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nafg View Post
    .... i need to know if its support audi tt 2016 8s
    Yes. The V2 covers all VAG 1995 though 2017 with the exception of Routan and Crafter.

Post Thanks / Like
    V2 is a Great product, Ross-Tech. Quality made, security screw, heavy duty cable.
    2016 Jetta 1.4T Manual "S" with Technology.

4. Likes Uwe, Bruce liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    If someone in sales can contact me re "upgrading" a HEX+CAN (Dual-K & CAN ,<-> USB) unlimited VIN to the new V2 unit in the UK.

I purchased mine in 2013 from Gendan & still have the original package, receipt etc. & it has been registered with yourselves & it is very good condition, like new! Gendan have some info on their website re this route but they still rely on your approval etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VAG-Dave View Post
    If someone in sales can contact me re "upgrading" a HEX+CAN (Dual-K & CAN ,<-> USB) unlimited VIN to the new V2 unit in the UK.

I purchased mine in 2013 from Gendan & still have the original package, receipt etc. & it has been registered with yourselves & it is very good condition, like new! Gendan have some info on their website re this route but they still rely on your approval etc.
    Dave, if you do the upgrade via Gendan, they set the upgrade price. They do have to contact us first with your serial number to make sure it's eligible for the upgrade discount they will receive from us. So I'm not sure what info you're looking for from our Sales dept?

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Dave, if you do the upgrade via Gendan, they set the upgrade price. They do have to contact us first with your serial number to make sure it's eligible for the upgrade discount they will receive from us. So I'm not sure what info you're looking for from our Sales dept?

-Uwe-
    Sorry just I looked at their website & it really doesn't give much info, no price, & just that the cable has to be in good condition & that :- "If you have registered your HEX-USB+CAN interface with Ross-Tech and are "in good standing" with them, ".

So I'll give them a ring on Monday

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sorry just I looked at their website & it really doesn't give much info, no price, & just that the cable has to be in good condition & that :- "If you have registered your HEX-USB+CAN interface with Ross-Tech and are "in good standing" with them, ".

So I'll give them a ring on Monday
    Sounds like a plan. Your HEX+CAN with serial number ending in 344 is definitely eligible.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

9. Likes VAG-Dave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Sounds like a plan. Your HEX+CAN with serial number ending in 344 is definitely eligible.

-Uwe-
    That's the one...Ohhh yesssss.....

I think my credit card will be getting melted next week....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I think my credit card will be getting melted next week....
    Do you have a compelling reason to do an upgrade? Are you working on cars that new enough that your HEX+CAN no longer fully supports them?

-Uwe-

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe he likes supporting Ross Tech. I'm on my fourth cable now, started with a Micro Can a few years ago, and just keep on updating when I feel as though it ought to be done.

13. Likes Uwe, VAG-Dave, Bruce liked this post