Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 94

Thread: HEX-V2 Product Announcement / Introduction

  1. #31
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    41
    Post Thanks / Like
    V2 is FULLY compatible with MLB Evo and the new fancy MQBs with MIB3 and Virtual Cockpit/Active Info Display?
    Audi SQ5 2018

  2. #32
    Ross-Tech Employee
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Near Philadelphia, PA, USA
    Posts
    1,032
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by AMBSC View Post
    V2 is FULLY compatible with MLB Evo and the new fancy MQBs with MIB3 and Virtual Cockpit/Active Info Display?
    As far as we can tell, yes, fully compatible. And if not right this moment, the new hardware will support any needed changes to get there! The older products would not.

  3. Likes Uwe, AMBSC, turbocip liked this post
  4. #33
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    362
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    So is there going to be an unlimited VIN (or professional) V2 available? Or is it just buy the 10 VIN product and use the upgrade path?
    I am also in this camp and would presume that most in a similar position to me would be too.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|Discover Media
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|Full colour MFD|Quad LED tail rings| Climatronics upgrade| Dynaudio retrofit | B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|TPMS Direct|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist

  5. Likes Viking liked this post
  6. #34
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    165
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm very sorry to hear about the vin limit as an enthusiast, I don't just use VCDS to diagnose my own cars, but also to help out dozens of people, for free, locally to fix their own car and save on expensive garage costs. People that are often a bit naieve, and vulnerable to shady garages that would otherwise rip them off. How can I continue to do this with such a hefty price tag on extra vins?

    Even if I go to buy a car, I will always take my trusty VCDS with me, I might look at 3-4 cars in a day, so I'm going to be forced to pay out for unlimited to be able to continue as I am with the latest interface?

    I love the product, and it's served me well for years, but this move is moving away from the affordability and good will culture that has always surrounded the product and it's users.

  7. #35
    Benevolent Dictator Uwe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    24,639
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by rhinopower View Post
    I'm very sorry to hear about the vin limit as an enthusiast, I don't just use VCDS to diagnose my own cars, but also to help out dozens of people, for free, locally to fix their own car and save on expensive garage costs. People that are often a bit naieve, and vulnerable to shady garages that would otherwise rip them off. How can I continue to do this with such a hefty price tag on extra vins?

    Even if I go to buy a car, I will always take my trusty VCDS with me, I might look at 3-4 cars in a day, so I'm going to be forced to pay out for unlimited to be able to continue as I am with the latest interface?

    I love the product, and it's served me well for years, but this move is moving away from the affordability and good will culture that has always surrounded the product and it's users.
    Have you read this?

    What functions are not VIN-Restricted?
    A VIN-Limited interface can do Auto-Scans, Clear DTCs, and look at Measuring Values on an unlimited number of cars. I think this is important because I wouldn't want to keep an enthusiast from trying to doing basic diagnostics on his friends' cars, or to use his VCDS when evaluating used cars he's contemplating buying. You wouldn't buy a used car without doing an Auto-Scan on it first, right? In addition, you can make channel maps on an unlimited number of cars because sending us those maps helps us improve the product.
    -Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

  8. Likes Dana, Eric liked this post
  9. #36
    Ross-Tech Employee
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Near Philadelphia, PA, USA
    Posts
    1,032
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Have you read this?

    -Uwe-
    Sorry boss. As I wrote in my blog, Is reading really a bad thing?, people do not wish to read. They prefer to be engaged by graphical and interactive means. Reading is just too old school.

    Now you and I are definitely old school and we like to read and write. But others do not. Perhaps Jef should do a video on the VIN limit so people might understand the concept. With Jef's sense of humor, I'm sure he can come up with an idea that might fly..

  10. Likes Mats@MFT, Uwe liked this post
  11. #37
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    165
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Have you read this?



    -Uwe-
    Cheers UWE, I obviously missed that bit whilst browsing on my phone last night

  12. #38
    Verified VCDS User Danners74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    101
    Post Thanks / Like
    WHat are vin limits?

    Apologies for my ignorance here being a newbie and that.........

  13. #39
    Verified VCDS User rlarsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    283
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Danners74 View Post
    WHat are vin limits?

    Apologies for my ignorance here being a newbie and that.........
    http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?8869
    Rene Larsen

    Audi A4 Avant 3.0 TDI quattro tiptronic MY2009 - sold
    VCDS 19.6.2
    (HEX-V2)

  14. Likes Dana liked this post
  15. #40
    Benevolent Dictator Uwe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    24,639
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danners74 View Post
    WHat are vin limits?
    Apologies for my ignorance here being a newbie and that.........
    Explained here: VIN Limited Interface FAQ.

    -Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •