Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OEM Bi Xenon Retrofit Golf 7 mk7 TDI

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Experimentos View Post
    Gateway L is mid does not have pin 7

You need high gateway
    Pin 7? I think mine has pin 7 but not 17. I may be wrong. I will look.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GDM8085 View Post
    Pin 7? I think mine has pin 7 but not 17. I may be wrong. I will look.
    One is missing, or 7 or 17,I do not remember well

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    One is missing, or 7 or 17,I do not remember well
    You are actually right. See in the picture. I was thinking of the Headlight Range-55. The module in my car is on the left. The NAR TDI with lighting packages gets the one on the right.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Missing 7 and 17? true?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Missing 7 and 17? true?
    You are correct sir. One small problem resolved. Any progress is good progress!!! New Can Gateway ordered!

6. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has driving modes?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has driving modes?
    I am not familiar what you mean?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a very interesting observation. I do have ETKA and will check in the AM, what CAN gateway they call for on the lighting package TDI.

DV-52, your input so far has been invaluable and very much appreciated. With a financial benefit offer from me to you, would you be interested in logging into my computer to have a look at the current adaptation values in the BCM? I can connect the car and laptop to charger and have key on over the weekend in the shop with teamviewer running. You can pull anything you want from the car that may help increase your research on these BCMs.
    GDM8085: Good to read that your journey of success has taken another important step forward - with the valuable assistance of experimentos (thanks experimentos - I have learned something new). Pin #7 and Pin # 17 are the Extended CAN bus low & high lines respectively on the Gateway module. The Extended CAN bus manages most (all?) of the driver assistance functions on a mk7. Importantly for your car in its current state, the Extended CAN bus also controls the two output modules for the left/right side headlight modules -so it's a pivotal piece-of-kit for your project - see below!

As for your generous offer of "financial assistance", many thanks, but not necessary - your undying gratitude is all that's required on this forum!. As a our more experienced forum colleagues intimated on the first few responses to your thread - there are a few different things happening with your project that are interacting with each other and I suspect are masking the true situation. It's a bit like pealing an onion - with each successive layer gone, the real position becomes ever more evident!

Clearing the CP error (I think) will be an important phase in understanding what's happening - once you have installed the new CAN Gateway! Incidentally - how do you intend to "get an in-house capability" for this?

As for a live link to the car, my internet link here is akin to carrier pigeon speed! Australia is pretty much 4th world when it comes to broadband speed, so I don't believe it will work!! BUT - why not make an adaptation control map of your new BCM (and post it here) and I will compare the Leuchte channel settings with those in my database?

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

10. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    GDM8085: Good to read that your journey of success has taken another important step forward - with the valuable assistance of experimentos (thanks experimentos - I have learned something new). Pin #7 and Pin # 17 are the Extended CAN bus low & high lines respectively on the Gateway module. The Extended CAN bus manages most (all?) of the driver assistance functions on a mk7. Importantly for your car in its current state, the Extended CAN bus also controls the two output modules for the left/right side headlight modules -so it's a pivotal piece-of-kit for your project - see below!

As for your generous offer of "financial assistance", many thanks, but not necessary - your undying gratitude is all that's required on this forum!. As a our more experienced forum colleagues intimated on the first few responses to your thread - there are a few different things happening with your project that are interacting with each other and I suspect are masking the true situation. It's a bit like pealing an onion - with each successive layer gone, the real position becomes ever more evident!

Clearing the CP error (I think) will be an important phase in understanding what's happening - once you have installed the new CAN Gateway! Incidentally - how do you intend to "get an in-house capability" for this?

As for a live link to the car, my internet link here is akin to carrier pigeon speed! Australia is pretty much 4th world when it comes to broadband speed, so I don't believe it will work!! BUT - why not make an adaptation control map of your new BCM (and post it here) and I will compare the Leuchte channel settings with those in my database?

Don
    Thank you much for the diagram. I was suspicious of this all along because the MK6 cars act very similar until you code them correctly via long coding.

I would LOVE to map this entire BCM but it looks a bit monumental to master! Maybe there is an "easy" way for me to do it?

As for CP removal. In USA we can, through proper channels become an authorized VW/Audi repair center. With OEM equipment (we have VAS6150D), enough money, and the proper assosiated certifications, they will give us access to the GeKo servers for programming and IMMO functions. We are about half way through the certification process right now.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you much for the diagram. I was suspicious of this all along because the MK6 cars act very similar until you code them correctly via long coding.

I would LOVE to map this entire BCM but it looks a bit monumental to master! Maybe there is an "easy" way for me to do it?
    GMD8085: Narrrrh................ admaps are easy to make, just follow RT's video below, or read my badly worded paper HERE - one day when I get the time and inspiration, I will re-write it!

If you do create a BCM admap expect to have a channel count of about 2,000 (which is typical for MQB platform vehicles) and please use the .CSV format (it's easier for me to import into MS Access for the compare process).

As for CP removal. In USA we can, through proper channels become an authorized VW/Audi repair center. With OEM equipment (we have VAS6150D), enough money, and the proper associated certifications, they will give us access to the GeKo servers for programming and IMMO functions. We are about half way through the certification process right now
    Wow!
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

13. Likes Uwe liked this post