Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OEM Bi Xenon Retrofit Golf 7 mk7 TDI

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GDM8085 View Post
    I do not know german so that complicates this more but this car does not have a rain sensor. I am guessing the car that this BCM came from did. Do you know what line i need to change to "remove" the rain senor? Also since recoding it, now I get these headlight related faults (edited out the component protection DTC):

Could this have to do with using the "long coding" from the original low line BCM?
    The part of the code-string in the BCM that tells it that there is a rain-light sensor installed is the same Byte that I mentioned before: the infamous Byte 6. Your value (from your first autoscan - see EDIT comment below) for this Byte is hex22, or binary 0010 0010. The portion of this Byte that is related to the RLS is Bit0-1 (highlighted). So, simply change these Bits from 10 to 00. The new value of Byte 6 should be hex20.

I'm guessing - but I suspect that the new DTCs for the low beam lamps may have been because they were set-up for non Xenon fittings (because the leuchte-sets for the shutters in the new BCM were not activated). So PetrolDave's suggestion about making sure that the setting value in the channels Leuchte6ABL LC5-Lasttyp 6 and Leuchte7ABL RB1-Lasttyp 7 is set to 3 - Xenon Abblendlicht is an excellent suggestion (assuming of course that your new fittings use Xenon lamps for the low-beam function). If the BCM was set-up for an incandescent lamp, the setting for these two channels is probably 11 - Abblendlicht .

Don

PS: Incidentally, if PetrolDave's and my hypothesis (about the BCM being set-up for incandescent headlight fittings) is correct, you will likely need to modify other Leuchte-sets (for example the high-beam Leuchte-set for an incandescent fitting is used for the Parking lights on Xenon fittings). Probably a task for the future, but nevertheless something to bear-in-mind

EDIT: WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CODE-STRING ON THE NEW BCM?

post #1 code-03011E46424122FB49E44000000C0728180000000000000000 0000000000
    post #6 code-000008424041804169E4400000040300100000000000000000 0000000000
    Last edited by DV52; 12-29-2016 at 05:56 PM.
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post

EDIT: WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CODE-STRING ON THE NEW BCM?

post #1 code-03011E46424122FB49E44000000C0728180000000000000000 0000000000
    post #6 code-000008424041804169E4400000040300100000000000000000 0000000000
    Post one was with the upgraded BCM installed without any changes. This was as I received it. The code string in post 6 is the code string from the original low line BCM. I posted the original in post #1 so that it may help figure out what options the donor car may have had.

Thanks so much for all the help on this. I will check the Leuchte settings and report back.

I spoke to my local dealer about the CP. First off after 15 minutes of explaining what it is to the service writer (who became very agitated at me for some reason ) he concluded that it is not something that they are able to help with. (I am so [not] surprised!!) I then talked to the parts manager whom I know very well. She was happy to help and is checking what she can find out. She was shocked that we could even do an OEM retrofit on a MK6 let alone a MK7, stating that they have customers requesting this type of work all the time.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    So double checked and here is what it is currently set to:

Leuchte6ABL LC5-Lasttyp 6: 3 - Xenon Abblendlicht
    Leuchte7ABL RB1-Lasttyp 7: 3 - Xenon Abblendlicht

This is what they are set to but are still giving the low beam faults.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know I may be jumping around here a bit, but is there more coding that is needed in the can gateway to get it to communicate with the 55-headlight range module? I simply added it to the installation list but still no communication. I believe this along with the car thinking that the low beams are halogen is why only my left headlight works and then shuts off after about 30 seconds.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know I may be jumping around here a bit, but is there more coding that is needed in the can gateway to get it to communicate with the 55-headlight range module? I simply added it to the installation list but still no communication. I believe this along with the car thinking that the low beams are halogen is why only my left headlight works and then shuts off after about 30 seconds.
    hmm.............the wiring for the J745 and J533 modules is so simple! Are you sure that the hex55 unit works? Do you have any way of checking the signals on the CAN high/low terminal pins @ J745? Can you run a temporary wire from the left xenon light on the BCM (i.e. pin #1, socket B) to the right side fitting to check that the right side Xenon is operational?

Don

6. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    hmm.............the wiring for the J745 and J533 modules is so simple! Are you sure that the hex55 unit works? Do you have any way of checking the signals on the CAN high/low terminal pins @ J745? Can you run a temporary wire from the left xenon light on the BCM (i.e. pin #1, socket B) to the right side fitting to check that the right side Xenon is operational?

Don

EDIT: Notwithstanding my belief that "ego is not a dirty word" (lyrics to an Aussie song), I'm not in the habit of responding to my own posts -but I had a niggling doubt (kind-of a hunch) after I posted above, so I rechecked my database. For the 4 x Golf mk7 vehicles that I have recorded in my database that are NAR build and that have Xenon assemblies factory fitted, the CAN Gateway is the HIGH level unit. Your autoscan has a MID level CAN gateway - somewhat interesting find (I think)............?

I'm just a NORMAL (read-not financially profligate) private citizen that doesn't have access to ETKA -so I can't confirm my suspicion. But perhaps someone else here can comment
    Last edited by DV52; 12-30-2016 at 05:53 PM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    EDIT: Notwithstanding my belief that "ego is not a dirty word" (lyrics to an Aussie song), I'm not in the habit of responding to my own posts -but I had a niggling doubt (kind-of a hunch) after I posted above, so I rechecked my database. For the 4 x Golf mk7 vehicles that I have recorded in my database that are NAR build and that have Xenon assemblies factory fitted, the CAN Gateway is the HIGH level unit. Your autoscan has a MID level CAN gateway - somewhat interesting find (I think)............?

I'm just a NORMAL (read-not financially profligate) private citizen that doesn't have access to ETKA -so I can't confirm my suspicion. But perhaps someone else here can comment
    This is a very interesting observation. I do have ETKA and will check in the AM, what CAN gateway they call for on the lighting package TDI.

DV-52, your input so far has been invaluable and very much appreciated. With a financial benefit offer from me to you, would you be interested in logging into my computer to have a look at the current adaptation values in the BCM? I can connect the car and laptop to charger and have key on over the weekend in the shop with teamviewer running. You can pull anything you want from the car that may help increase your research on these BCMs.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Don
    I agree that the wiring is so simple. I checked, double checked, and triple checked it. Also tested to verify power to gateway. Then finally assembled everything preparing to take it to dealer to get CP removed. These cars are miserably assembled compared to mk6 and earlier but I may try swaping wires to check it. The light did work with the old wiring though. Just not the LED driving light.

Of note also: Other than the low beam bulb fault (which is also in left light) it isnt throwing faults for open circuits so I think it "sees" the light. Currently nothing other than turn signals work on the right light as well as niether side marker lights work and the LED only comes on dim (maybe 75%?) with driving light and headlight positions on headlight switch. With original BCM installed the LED comes on full power only in "headlight-on" position of headlight switch.
    Last edited by GDM8085; 12-31-2016 at 02:55 AM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Don
    I am not a self proclained wiring/electrical genius by any means, I dont know if my Fluke 88 can test that CAN signal or not. Maybe you know?

PS thanks for the input!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not a self proclained wiring/electrical genius by any means, I dont know if my Fluke 88 can test that CAN signal or not. Maybe you know?

PS thanks for the input!
    Gateway L is mid does not have pin 7

You need high gateway

12. Likes DV52 liked this post