Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantasiamon

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208800
Just trying to get everything set up and am having an initial issue getting up and running in Infrastructure mode. Wanted to make sure I'm all set up and ready to go.

My car is parked in the garage a few blocks away (I live in NYC) so I'm not hooked into the car but am instead just trying to get everything set up to go once I'm ready this weekend. I've watched all the videos and possess strong tech skills but I cannot seem to get the Hex-Net to connect to my wifi network.

• I've set up my profile via the configure wifi
  • Java config utility scans and finds my network initially
  • Type in my password and it's accepted
  • I then click on "set as active profile"
  • Then I hit the "go back" button to allow the Hex-Net to connect with my wifi network

However, it never connects. So I'm not being provided an IP address in the config utility. The two LED lights just flash red/green, red/green, red/green, over and over and over never connecting. I've tried refresh. I've cleared, unlugged and started over from the beginning. I've rebooted the Hex-Net. Nothing.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Fantasiamon

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208800
Got this message.

Error: "HEX-NET version is less than the minimum version supported by this config utility. Please use an older version of the utility."

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I'm confused. First you said you were able to configure it with the utility (but it wouldn't connect to your WiFi), then you said the utility won't talk to it. Please revert it to AP mode (using a momentary press of the button), connect to it, go to the About screen, and tell us what Codeblock version is in it.

-Uwe-

invisiblewave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208767
Sounds as if you need to update the HEX-NET firmware. Can you access it in AP mode?

Fantasiamon

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208800
I'm confused. First you said you were able to configure it with the utility (but it wouldn't connect to your WiFi), then you said the utility won't talk to it. Please revert it to AP mode (using a momentary press of the button), connect to it, go to the About screen, and tell us what Codeblock version is in it.

-Uwe-

I can get through all he set up stages in the configuration utility up to he point where the Hex-Net actually connects with the wifi network that I'm pointing it to via the profile I created. It just keeps flashing red and green and not connecting to my network.

I will switch to AP tonight and let you know what the code block version is.

Fantasiamon

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208800
Sounds as if you need to update the HEX-NET firmware. Can you access it in AP mode?

I tried to update in AP mode last night as well but it kept timing out on me and not connecting when I clicked the update button.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I can get through all he set up stages in the configuration utility up to he point where the Hex-Net actually connects with the wifi network that I'm pointing it to via the profile I created. It just keeps flashing red and green and not connecting to my network.
What kind of router? Is there anything special about your network?

I tried to update in AP mode last night as well but it kept timing out on me and not connecting when I clicked the update button.
You can't update in AP mode; there's no way the HEX-NET can connect to the internet when it is being an AP.

-Uwe-

Fantasiamon

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208800
What kind of router? Is there anything special about your network?

I will look tonight at what my router is. Nothing special really that I can think of. Time warner cable provided router and my airport express.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Is it possible that your Airport Express has additional security restrictions such as accepting connections only from an allowed list of MAC addresses?

-Uwe-

Santos

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I will look tonight at what my router is. Nothing special really that I can think of. Time warner cable provided router and my airport express.

Which model of airport express? I own both extreme and express and can try to reproduce.

jakematic

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=129085
Wondering if the 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks have the same name in the AirPort Express.

I had to name my 5GHz with an "5" suffix to keep devices from latching on to it that could not communicate on that frequency.

Fantasiamon

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208800
Is it possible that your Airport Express has additional security restrictions such as accepting connections only from an allowed list of MAC addresses?

I don't think that should be the case but I will look into it further this evening.

Fantasiamon

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208800
Which model of airport express? I own both extreme and express and can try to reproduce.

I will look when I get home

Fantasiamon

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208800
Wondering if the 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks have the same name in the AirPort Express.

I had to name my 5GHz with an "5" suffix to keep devices from latching on to it that could not communicate on that frequency.

Ross-tech boys.....would this be an issue?

Anyone out there connect hex net via an apple airport yet?

Santos

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, I have to my home network (airport extreme). It worked fine, no issues.

Fantasiamon

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208800
Good. Will have to keep plugging away this evening then.

What security are you guys using on your airports?

jakematic

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=129085
WPA2 Personal - pretty generic setup otherwise.

Fantasiamon

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208800
Please revert it to AP mode (using a momentary press of the button), connect to it, go to the About screen, and tell us what Codeblock version is in it.

CodeBlock V0.4009
FW version: 0.176
Data set:00000025

Fantasiamon

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208800
Looks like the second times a charm. I was able to connect infrastructure to my wifi network and all seems to now be working properly. Sorry for the fire drill.

I started clean. Deleted the java file and re-downloaded and then went through all of the steps to set up infrastructure mode again. Worked like a charm.

Reactions: Uwe
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back