Touareg headlights help

Tony

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=230952
Hi,

Have replaced control module 7L6941329 on my left hand side headlight. This is the second time i have had to do it, did it a couple of years back and used the same procedure this time, but this time its not working as it should.

When working, when you first turn the lights on, they move up and down, and right to left. When the module failed they just stay very low, and i get a flashing light on the dash, and something about the afs wallet on the display.

Have replaced the module, recoded, and followed the basic setings as per the wiki, exactly as i did last time. but this time, all the erros have cleared, and the flashing light has gone, but when the lights turn on they still do nothing???

Any ideas please?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Are you sure they really do nothing? They don't do their "dance" when you turn them on. They do their "dance" when you turn the ignition on. So turn the lights on first, then turn the ignition on to function-check them.

You can also try Output Tests.

Oh, and if none of that helps, please post an Auto-Scan so people can see this all in the full context of the vehicle.

-Uwe-

Tony

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=230952
thank you Uwe, I will check that out tomorrow.

It did use to do the dance when you turned the lights on, so would this be a change in the new module that makes it do it now when the ignition is turned on?

Flaps10

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=219700
Tony, did you get your lights working?

ivagp

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=95551
Flaps you do know his is a Touareg 2. I think you have the first series

Flaps10

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=219700
Do. Thanks. His was the closest post i could find to my issue.

ivagp

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=95551
Flaps do you have communication with address 29, 39. I'm assuming you have air suspension. Also do you have after market control modules for the headlights. Only control modules from a Volkswagen box will be able to communicate with 29 and 39. If your control modules are not Volkswagen OEM you will not be able to access 29 + 39. It will also show a malfunction of Lights headlight range on the dash.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Flaps do you have communication with address 29, 39. I'm assuming you have air suspension. Also do you have after market control modules for the headlights. Only control modules from a Volkswagen box will be able to communicate with 29 and 39. If your control modules are not Volkswagen OEM you will not be able to access 29 + 39. It will also show a malfunction of Lights headlight range on the dash.
Flaps started a thread about his problems here.

Back