Newbie to Touareg adaption/coding help

Smugger

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Hi all I have recently purchased a 2008 touareg v6 altitude and installed a parking camera from a UK seller (media in motion) which include a control modual camera and 26 pin connector for hooking up the controller to the radio . I am assuming that my vehicle has a rns510 as it has 4 buttons either side of the screen and the sd card to the left. It also come with a device to code the radio but this has been unsuccessful. I have a friend who has the vcds equipment and I am struggling to get it to operate . Is there any step by step process for coding a non vw camera kit to work on my car as the kit cost £250 . I have fitted this kit myself as a technician with over 20 years experience and hooked up a separate screen to test the camera switching when selecting reverse which is fine . I am suspecting either a faulty control modual as the vcds can not see it under 6c back up camera or inexperienced in the operation of coding using vcds. I am really happy with the T reg as this is my first vw and really intrested in using the vcds to carry out other tweaks . Also will be buying a rosstech tech kit for myself after Christmas.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Please post an Auto Scan, so we can see what module/versions are fitted to your Touareg.

Reactions: Uwe

Smugger

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
I am away all week so I will attach over the weekend, thanks for responding

Smugger

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Hi there did not think i was going to get chance to scan my Treg but i did please see below.Hopefully you will be able to assist me in getting my after market parking camera working .Thanks for any response in advance.

Code:
Removed.  Data from a pirated copy of VCDS is not welcome here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back