help: VW Tiguan full Xenon,LED AFS retrofit

Mladens

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=17639
one more question for all!

i have 5K0 937 087K used BCM module, is this one suitable for bi-xenon,LED,hi-beam assist?

Mrclopec

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=149231
Just taking a shot here, but I would say no. The module was used up until a build date of November 2010 so it's pre facelift. There are so many different versions of CECMs for your model and year of vehicle, each one with the same part number but different version of software in it depending on the features of the vehicle. I can see why xenon retrofits are a nightmare.

Mladens

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=17639
Just taking a shot here, but I would say no. The module was used up until a build date of November 2010 so it's pre facelift. There are so many different versions of CECMs for your model and year of vehicle, each one with the same part number but different version of software in it depending on the features of the vehicle. I can see why xenon retrofits are a nightmare.

Same part number is in use for VW Touran 2011-2015, thats why I ask?

You think is hardware different or just software?

Mrclopec

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=149231
Your project is going to require you to do some deeper research on the parts needed. Keep in mind that control modules frequently have a hardware part number as well as a software part number. Separate from the software part number there is a software version. Separate from the software version, there are also sub-software versions that are contained in the control module specific to the hardware components it is supposed to support and these aren't always listed on the module itself. You could theoretically have two cecm modules with the same software part number and same software version but still different software. Beyond that I think you need to turn to google to keep reading up on this sort of stuff to get a better grasp of exactly what is required to get this working.

Back