Status
Not open for further replies.

flygteye

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=79663
How much MQB info do you want, I have a few scans and adaptation maps. I'll put them all on dropbox if you want.

Everything!!! Hahahah....just kidding.....well that's hard to answer. I haven't tried the new version yet (hopefully tomorrow if the weather cooperates) so I don't know what is or isn't there and honestly, I wouldn't know what to do with a scan or map. I get the feeling I don't know 99% of what this tool can do (even tough I've had it for years) and most of the stuff posted here goes wayyyyyy over my head. I don't use it like everyone else does. I use it for simple things so all this talk about modules, scans, maps, and codes is beyond me. I don't even know what my own scan tells me about my car, except for the fault codes. With all the being said, I do read all the posts here. At the moment I really can't see much in some of the modules (labels missing) and most of the adaptations are in German...at least they were. So we shall see what happens tomorrow after I get my windows tinted :) Thanks for offering!!!!!!!

Last edited:

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Everything!!! Hahahah....just kidding.....well that's hard to answer. I haven't tried the new version yet (hopefully tomorrow if the weather cooperates) so I don't know what is or isn't there and honestly, I wouldn't know what to do with a scan or map. I get the feeling I don't know 99% of what this tool can do (even tough I've had it for years) and most of the stuff posted here goes wayyyyyy over my head. I don't use it like everyone else does. I use it for simple things so all this talk about modules, scans, maps, and codes is beyond me. I don't even know what my own scan tells me about my car, except for the fault codes. With all the being said, I do read all the posts here. At the moment I really can't see much in some of the modules (labels missing) and most of the adaptations are in German...at least they were. So we shall see what happens tomorrow after I get my windows tinted :) Thanks for offering!!!!!!!

Flygteye: Hello again - A wise response to Adyvee's very kind offer. The adaptation map for 09-Cent Elect. on my MQB vehicle is 1755 lines of CSV code - and almost all of it in German! Seriously, if you want to see the complete listing of Adaptation control maps for a mkVII 103TSI (highline)- here it is:

Last edited:

flygteye

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=79663
Thanks DV52! I did try it today and 09-Central Electronics long coding is all there :) Although in general no matter what changes I make, nothing seems to change. I tried several coding changes and they didn't work. Not that is super important, just frustrating.

What is column B (minimize, maximize, not active, always)? Are those the original values or your changes?

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Thanks DV52! I did try it today and 09-Central Electronics long coding is all there :) Although in general no matter what changes I make, nothing seems to change. I tried several coding changes and they didn't work. Not that is super important, just frustrating.

What is column B (minimize, maximize, not active, always)? Are those the original values or your changes?

flygteye: First, I have to say that I'm a babe-in-the-woods compared to the awesome knowledge of some on this forum. This self deprecating criticism having been made, here's how I understand these maps.

Column B is the "Stored value" as shown in RT's Adaptation screen for a particular channel. That is, it's the value held in the Adaptation channel when the control map was made. Once you change this value in a tweak (say), the previous value is lost and it is replaced by the value that you entered in the "New value" box (just before you pressed the Do it! tab). This is why it's always a good idea to separately record the before & after values for tweak changes -because the old value is lost! But more about this later.

For example, If you were to look at the Adaptation channels in 5F-Information Electr. controller for your Golf mkVII, and you were to select the 2nd channel in the drop-down list, you would see a screen that looks pretty close to the pic below:

sRmFEhl.png

In the Zoho spreadsheet, if you selected the control map for address 5F (i.e. tab at the bottom titled adpmap-5f-5G0-035-846-A ), and you looked at the 2nd row (equating to the 2nd channel) in the table, the following can be seen:
cell A10 (2)-Audio management input gain-Radio (FM) -Channel, and​
cell B10 -128 dB. -Stored value
(i.e exactly the content in the adaptation screen shot)
Being an inveterate pedant (I consider this to be a good thing), I use the spreadsheet as a "base-line" of values for the Adaptation channels in my car. As I change values with tweaks, I annotate the new values in the appropriate cells. Coding changes- as distinct from Adaptation changes, I record separately. It's always been a mystery to me why certain functions are classed as "Adaptation channels", whilst other functions are "Coding". One of my first questions in this forum was about this very matter.The Benevolent Dictator's response was that it was a philosophical decision made by the good Burghers in Germany - so I didn't pursue the question any further (philosophy has never been a strong point of mine)!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back