Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audi a6 avant 2.0 tdi -11 left rear light wont turn off

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Verify the wire end to end.........
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okey,

So I will post an follow up so that it might help others.

At the last time I disconnected the wire at the brake light because I didnt have the time to fix the issue at the moment, result was warning in FIS for broken brake lamp and 4/5 brake lamp where working. But I didnt have one of them turned on 24/7.

But today I had some time over and disconnected the comfort module and put it apart so I could check the board for faults. And I found that the chip who where controlling the lamp was faulty, at the first I where going to replace the chip but as I start soldering I discovered that their where some old solder connecting two pins. Leading to enable the 12v output all the time. So I resolderd the chip and now I have an fully working brake light again.

regards

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    FOD........Did you take pictures?

If so please post.........
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, so I have attached an picture of my comfort module and where I found the fault. Its down to the left.
    And here you can find the datasheet for the ST chip VND830E http://www.alldatasheet.com/view.jsp?Searchword=VND830E

I also compared my two comfort modules, I got a new one to support electric hatch and the only different I could see was the relay at the top left corner.
    It would be interesting to but an relay an attache it and see if my original comfort module would work with electric hatch.