Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ACC to regular CC

Pirate
    Post Thanks / Like

ACC to regular CC

Hi guys i have a 2011 audi a8l with ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL and is there anyway i can disable that and activate regular cruise control in my car

Thank you

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Push the button on the end of the stalk?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I expect ACC would have to be coded out of numerous modules on that car.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dildildil View Post
    Hi guys i have a 2011 audi a8l with ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL and is there anyway i can disable that and activate regular cruise control in my car
    Can I ask what don't you like about ACC?

I've come from CC to ACC in the last couple of months and love ACC as I can use ACC a lot more than I could ever safely use CC.

5. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Pirate
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    Can I ask what don't you like about ACC?

I've come from CC to ACC in the last couple of months and love ACC as I can use ACC a lot more than I could ever safely use CC.

I dont like how it keeps distance from the car in front of me and the way it breaks on its own just not for my driving style, i wanted to get audi lane assist and side assist and ACC is bundled in someone over at audi forums told me the best place would be on ross tech forums to code it out of the car and unplug the 2 ACC sensors from the front bumper

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dildildil View Post
    I dont like how it keeps distance from the car in front of me and the way it breaks on its own just not for my driving style, i wanted to get audi lane assist and side assist and ACC is bundled in someone over at audi forums told me the best place would be on ross tech forums to code it out of the car and unplug the 2 ACC sensors from the front bumper
    I don't know that anyone has done this before, particularly not on an A8.

An Auto-Scan would be essential to even begin to look at what might be needed. Once you've made one with the car in stock condition, it might make sense to unplug the sensors and make another, to see what modules are unhappy.

However, there's no way to be sure that all the correct bits are known.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, my 2014 has a button at the end of the CC stalk that enables/disables ACC ... no such thing in yours?

Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Elmassian View Post
    Sorry, my 2014 has a button at the end of the CC stalk that enables/disables ACC ... no such thing in yours?
    Greg
    Interesting. I've driven two cars with ACC, a 2012 A6 and a 2015 Touareg and neither has any apparent means of reverting to regular cruise. In fact, I once drove the Touareg ~1000 miles w/o any cruise at all when one of the sensors got bumped out of alignment.

-Uwe-

Pirate
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Interesting. I've driven two cars with ACC, a 2012 A6 and a 2015 Touareg and neither has any apparent means of reverting to regular cruise. In fact, I once drove the Touareg ~1000 miles w/o any cruise at all when one of the sensors got bumped out of alignment.

-Uwe-

Thats another reason i want to goto regular cruise control instead of ACC as if sensor goes out of alignment or bad n then u need to pay 900 for dealer calibration

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm surprised that you want to go backwards in driver assists but each to their own.

You have to be aware though that you are talking about modifying the car form its factory load out, and I would not be surprised to find your car has safety systems tied into the ACC. if you cant find that the car operates comfortably with the shortest distance selected to prevent what can be perceived as over zealous braking that you are driving too close. I fear that meddling with the onboard sensors will have a detrimental impact on the safety of your car. In theory you can do what your talking about but don't just disconnect the radar sensors. You would need to remove all the related sensors and switch gear and recode all the appropriate modules to match a car that didn't have it from factory.